Thread: E60 headlight upgrade.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

E60 headlight upgrade.

Lads Im looking to upgrade the lights in the car.
    I have the standard Pre-LCI halogens.

Im not looking for Xenons or HIDs as I find the light they give off fine, especiall after upgrading all the bulbs, I basiacally want better angel eyes, The OEMs one are muck, even with the upgraded LED bulbs they are not visible at all in daylight.

I have done some research and its hard to see whats available as some lights seem to only be spec'd for certain conutrys (LHD etc)

My options.

1. Upgrade to LCI Lights.
    This seems to be expensive and finding the parts and have to have a wiring loom made and coded. Has anyone done this ?
    Also I seen that If I find a set of LCI halogens that they have the upgraded AE's but dont need the wiring changed or coded. ?

2. After market.
    Depo : These seems to have the same issue, 1 bulb powering the whole ring so would be pointless.
    Umnitza : They have the better Rings, but I know they their quality is questionable and aftersales service is even worse plus they are looking for stupid money for shipping too. Looking at €800 all in
    https://www.umnitza.com/headlights-p...ngel-eyes.html

3. Modify them myself.
    I fitted the AE's to the Eos so im firmilliar with this process.
    I have found a good few sets or standard haloged lights on adverts and Donedeal for less that €140, So im thinking I could use them to pull apart, fit the upgraded rings, change the orange eye lids to white and maybe even fit Halogen projectors.
    Having the spare set would allow me to be able to take my time and do it right and after all is done If I have issues I still have the original set to stick back on.

So is there any other options im missing or would anyone have any recommendations.
    Last edited by Mackers; 18-01-16 at 11:45.