Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E92 spare wheel solution

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

E92 spare wheel solution

Lads, need a solution. The car arrived with the RFT's dumped and no provision for a spare (not even a space saver). Today I got a flat, and I was kinda left high and dry

What are you doing in the event of a flat? Seems my options are to buy a space saver/brace/jack and leave it floating in the boot taking up space and being a nuisance or else a can of gunk/brace/jack to get me to the nearest tyre shop.

Given the time of day, I'm left with my car outside with a flat (tyrewall is damaged) the tyre shops are closed. I've no space saver to get me mobile, so I suppose I need to go pick one up tonight - any ideas?

E92 spare wheel solution

What I use is a little automatic tyre inflator that plugs in to the cig lighter I got in halfords for 20 odd quid, came in handy for working over Christmas and New Years when I couldn't get a puncture repair done as everywhere was closed. Takes 5 mins to fully inflate a tyre and this had to be done going to and leaving work but it kept me going for a few days until I got a repair done. I prefer this than changing a tyre if I can avoid it

Edit: apologies just saw that you posted the tyre wall was damaged, this is useless advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FunkySeeFunkyDoo; 21-01-16 at 17:12.

BMWHaus Guru
    I have a spare one you can borrow but am Northside.

Had the spacesaver, can of foam, small compressor and a puncture repair kit in the boot when we had the E91.

I use this alongside a little inflator I can fix a puncture in the same amount of time and work it would take to remove the spare from the boot I haven't been in for a puncture repair in over 5 years

It will fix any puncture with the exception of sidewall damage but nothing would help in that scenario

Thanks for the pointers lads. And Andy thanks for the offer, just waiting to hear back from one of the lads closer to home, so I will let you know.

Funky, have you a recommendation for a compressor? Or a link?

Gar, that's the job! Any links to where I can order something similar? I'd much prefer the compressor and plug kit solution given the severe lack of space in the E92 boot/wheel well.

Tried a few this is by far the best iv used http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004...bZL&ref=plSrch

Add a tube off rubber cement to it is well it's not absolutely necessary but iv always found I got a 100% airtight seal when I added a little to it
    Last edited by Gar; 21-01-16 at 18:25.

BMWHaus Guru
    I have the same repair kit on recommendation of DaveG too, great job and very easy to use.

Here's what I have http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/st...&storeId=11101

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep