Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error codes after wheel alignment?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Error codes after wheel alignment?

I got 2 new rear tyres today and decided to have all 4 wheels balanced and a 4 wheel alignment done on my e92. Everything seemed fine for about ten miles or so when I got a dsc failure alarm, a dbc failure alarm, flat tyre alarm and a start assist inactive alarm.

I tried to reset the tyre pressure monitor but the system is saying it can't detect tyre pressure so I can't clear any of them. Has anybody come across the same issue after having similar work done?

Is it possible something has been damaged in the process of alignment or a sensor been broken or something? Should I bing the car back over to where I got it all done and ask them to sort it?

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2

BMWHaus Contributor
    If the tracking was off by much you'll have to recalibrate the steering angle sensor. Not a big job but not all places have the equipment to do it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    did u got same tire sizes at the back as before? is front tires with lot thread? is steering wheel in straight position if u drive straight? did u tried to reset it now ? it should reset ,and if happens again,just go there tires was fitted
    Motor Confidence-14b Knockmitten lane,Western ind est ,Naas road D12

BMWHaus Guru
    Front tyres still have thread left for sure and rear tyres are same size as previous tyres. The steering wheel was not in the straight position after previous work but was in straight position after alignment.

I will look at trying to reset steering angle if it's possible to do myself maybe it will allow me to clear other faults if I can reset.

BMWHaus Guru
    Looks like a steering angle re-calibration should sort it so.

Anyone know who has the appropriate software to do this?

BMWHaus Guru
    So I'll be heading back over on Wednesday for them to have a look.

Was the steering off by much Paddy (steering wheel location)? Hopefully a trivial quick fix

BMWHaus Guru
    It was off a bit as in it wasn't horizontal or in the 9 - 3 position. It was more like 10 - 4 position but car drove straight. This was after some work I had done.

Steering wheel is now in 9 - 3 position and car still drives straight. I'm hoping it's just the steering angle re-cal! So long as they don't try fob me off or try convince me it's something it's not!

BMWHaus Guru
    Looks like it's sorted now. Went back to the garage and they plugged it in re-cal'd the steering angle and cleared the errors. Took about 6 minutes! Pain in the ring that they didn't spend the few minutes to re-cal the thing on the day, save me the panic and extra travelling!

Done a good few miles today afterwards and she hasn't thrown a wobbly yet anyway so all good.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    Becouse as u see your self ,light came after some miles .its 1% of 100 that it would need to reset steering sensor after tracking .and u must let us or others know if after last work u notice something strange . It need long straight drive to found that steering wheel is or not straight and if any lights can come on
    Motor Confidence-14b Knockmitten lane,Western ind est ,Naas road D12