Thread: E93 325 fuel injectors

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

E93 325 fuel injectors

Hi all,

Was there a recall in Ireland for the fuel injectors on these??

Mams car is acting up, keeps going into limp mode, JD replaced fuel pump two weeks ago, but a couple of days later limp mode again.

They did say the fuel pump might not be a long term fix, they recommend replacing the six injectors now.

The coils have already been replaced through a recall, but this injector issue seems very common.

Replacing six and the labour won't be too cheap, defo not through main dealer anyway.

So, was there a recall on them??

How much to replace through good Indy??

Common problem on 325??

Car is 1998 and only has approx 50,000KM on it. JD also just serviced the car when it was in with them, they actually did it by accident so only charged €50.
    Horse power time

I had 7 injectors and coils replaced under warranty in the 6 last month's

And it's on a 320i e93 (yes it only has 4 cylinders)

The injectors never threw a limp mode - the only time it threw limp mode was after the timings chain was replaced and one of the vanos solenoids failed.

I believe the newer injectors are a different colour so can be distinguished by that.

I bought the icarly app for BMW which allowed me to read all the fault codes. It was showing rough running across all cylinders and stratified charge operation as well as a denox sulphuric fault.

But as to your original question I don't know if it would be covered under goodwill. It may be worth a try I guess but it's up to the dealer to push it

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I dropped mine in for a service in Kearys and they were replaced as some kind of "quality enhancement" thing. That was about 4 years ago.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Yea I may try and push for goodwill, although I reckon il have a better chance in Frank Keanes over JD.

Quite bad only with 50,000KM's on it.
    Horse power time

Try Murphy and gunn - their service manager really listened to me and they bent over backwards to get all my issues sorted.

(Although the fact we had also just ordered a new 320d might have skewed things a bit)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk