Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parrott MKi9200 Remote Issues

Parrott MKi9200 Remote Issues

Hi Guys, Bought my 09 BMW last month and all is well though except the Parrott kit. The Remote would not work with the system so initially got a new battery and no joy, got a new remote from Parrott and that will also not Sync? Suggestions? I have read manual front to back and watched about 20 YouTube videos but still no solution to get the remote to work...
    Current: E92 320d M-Sport
    Previous: E46 318ci SE

Well gav
    I have one of these in my van got it new it has given a lot of trouble since Iv owned it I think after I bought it, it stopped working and I had to get a new control unit. The piece everything plugs into. Got that through the warranty it wasn't that old after that it gave trouble again. It was like the remote was faulty so I googled it and said the battery connections were not making a good connection it's a very common problem with them. So I got a piece of paper and shoved it between the battery and the remote so it would make a good connection this worked for ages but it gave trouble again and for a finish the battery wouldnt work at all so I cut a old TV remote in half just leaving the battery's and connections making a 3v supply and soldered the two wires from the "battery pack" to the circuit board on the remote. Surprisingly it has worked perfect since and it's been a year or so now. I not impressed with the parrot system it's ropey at the best of times. The wife has a 12 vw Jetta with Bluetooth factory built in and it's flawless. Huger better

Cheers thanks for the reply. The system itself works phone with iPhone and connects fine via Bluetooth but can't get a remote to sync!

BMWHaus Contributor
    With the parrot on press the answer(green) hang up(red) and the middle play pause button so sync remote

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennyc View Post
    Well gav
    I have one of these in my van got it new it has given a lot of trouble since Iv owned it I think after I bought it, it stopped working and I had to get a new control unit. The piece everything plugs into. Got that through the warranty it wasn't that old after that it gave trouble again. It was like the remote was faulty so I googled it and said the battery connections were not making a good connection it's a very common problem with them. So I got a piece of paper and shoved it between the battery and the remote so it would make a good connection this worked for ages but it gave trouble again and for a finish the battery wouldnt work at all so I cut a old TV remote in half just leaving the battery's and connections making a 3v supply and soldered the two wires from the "battery pack" to the circuit board on the remote. Surprisingly it has worked perfect since and it's been a year or so now. I not impressed with the parrot system it's ropey at the best of times. The wife has a 12 vw Jetta with Bluetooth factory built in and it's flawless. Huger better
    I fitted parrot mki9200 for 6 years an they do have thetr problem, but ive never seen a remote give any battery contact issues!! Main issue with the remote was the little piece that holds battery in breaking an not holding battery in

Quote Originally Posted by alan b View Post
    With the parrot on press the answer(green) hang up(red) and the middle play pause button so sync remote
    Hi Alan, Yes that is how to Sync the remote but won't work. I have held all three at the same time, held play, green call while pressing hang up. Don't it at different times while the system is starting started and never connects

BMWHaus Contributor
    U hardly have the receipt for the parrot? They have a 2 year warantee, are u sure u put the correct battery in it? A 2032 not a 2025

No receipt for the kit unfortunately. To be honest I got a standard 3V battery.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Make sure its a 2032 as there different thickness

Cheers will do!