Thread: Help resetting E36 Airbag light needed ASAP

Help resetting E36 Airbag light needed ASAP

Foxhole Norman showed me the way to this forum! Having a bit of a pain with an airbag light at the minute

Long story short:

Is there any quick and easy way of resetting the airbag light on an E36 318is?

I have had the airbag light on since recently buying the car and I have the NCT retest on tuesday.

After tonnes of reading I read the the seat occupancy sensor gives trouble on these. Mine has a passenger airbag and lo and behold I looked under the seat and the little black occupancy module was missing with a white connector from the floor just hanging free.

I have since got my hands on a occupancy module and have connected it to the car along with a resistor which then tricks the module into thinking that someone is sitting in the seat.

So as far as I can tell, the occupancy system is all back together but the light is still on. Just need it cleared.

I kinda banked on it being this module as I know the pretensioners can also cause grief but my local mechanics diagnostics packed up and seeing as it was missing the occupancy module I assume that that is the reason for the airbag light (fingers crossed!)

What I'm asking is if anyone knows a Dublin based garage that could scan my car and reset the light without charging me through nose for somewhat a simple task.

Or, if anyone is free near Dublin and has diagnostics that could help there'll be a six pack of beer in it for you

Not sure, But maybe disconnecting the battery for a few hours might knock it off (Provided whatever triggered it, Is actually solved) ?