Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Car Pressure Washer wanted. Advice Needed.

BMWHaus Guru
    Thread resurrection!!!!

So after nearly 10 years or more my Lavor pressure washer has bit the bullet. Tbh I could strip it and replace the lazy motor in it but I might go nuts and treat myself.

The Parkside one is coming up in Lidl on Thursday for €99, anyone got experience with them? Will my Lavor (Same fitment as a Karcher?) snow foam lance fit it?

Pressure Washer https://www.lidl.ie/p/p37160?product...countryCode=IE

Or am I best off sticking to a Nilfisk C110, I see there still €100 delivered on Amazon. Or anyone got good offers going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor
    There is a shop in airside called serlex who is an agent for nilfisk. He stocks loads of bits and repairs hoses on the spot. I'd take a trip up there first. Have mine 4 years with no issues other than the hose you get with it not being great.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ian.j; 22-02-20 at 11:23.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by HealyC View Post
    Thread resurrection!!!!

So after nearly 10 years or more my Lavor pressure washer has bit the bullet. Tbh I could strip it and replace the lazy motor in it but I might go nuts and treat myself.

The Parkside one is coming up in Lidl on Thursday for €99, anyone got experience with them? Will my Lavor (Same fitment as a Karcher?) snow foam lance fit it?

Pressure Washer https://www.lidl.ie/p/p37160?product...countryCode=IE

Or am I best off sticking to a Nilfisk C110, I see there still €100 delivered on Amazon. Or anyone got good offers going?

If it’s any consolation Conor , I bought mine in Lidl in 2006 and it’s still going. I have it per mantle plumbed into my side entrance with a 20m hose reel and trigger set up. Used every other week.
    2014 Alpine White 520d MSport Plus
    2016 Fluid Black i3 94Ah

BMWHaus Contributor
    Lidl have the washers in tomorrow for 79.99. But I'd say get there early if anyone wants one

Last edited by ian.j; 15-04-20 at 21:53.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ian.j View Post
    Lidl have the washers in tomorrow for 79.99. But I'd say get there early if anyone wants one

I’ll be down there in the queue for the SDS drill and the angle grinder as I’ve a date with a gate pillar over the next few days to widen up the parking situation

I’ve recently inherited an old Karcher K3 from the Granny in law but I might see what the Lidl ones are like if there’s any left tomorrow.

BMWHaus Guru
    I've been looking at a Karcher k7 at the moment, currently have a k2 but find it too light even for washing the car.

Quarantine project coming up is the rear patio clean up.

Anyone have a k7, looks to be a great bit of kit?

Sent from my TRT-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Racing is Life anything that happens before or after is just waiting~ Steve McQueen

Administrator
    If you have the budget for a Karcher K7, go for a Kranzle of the same budget or below. I know someone through the detailing circles who has a K1050 and its sufficient for car washing and jobs around the house. I got the Kranzle HD 7/122 when I planned on getting back into the detailing and its a superb machine!

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Curran View Post
    If you have the budget for a Karcher K7, go for a Kranzle of the same budget or below. I know someone through the detailing circles who has a K1050 and its sufficient for car washing and jobs around the house. I got the Kranzle HD 7/122 when I planned on getting back into the detailing and its a superb machine!
    Thanks Curran, i had a quote for a clean up of back patio and front driveway and both sides of the house, powerhose and weeded etc, and for a few quid more i could buy a decent power washer and do the job myself each summer. I'll check out the kranzle.

Racing is Life anything that happens before or after is just waiting~ Steve McQueen

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillipepper View Post
    Thanks Curran, i had a quote for a clean up of back patio and front driveway and both sides of the house, powerhose and weeded etc, and for a few quid more i could buy a decent power washer and do the job myself each summer. I'll check out the kranzle.

PM me if you want to buy a Nilfisk from a bricks and mortar in Limerick. I have an E145 and it is fantastic. We got rid of Karcher as the warranty claims were substantial versus non existent with Nilfisk.
    Last edited by James Bond Junior; 16-04-20 at 17:04.

Administrator
    Yeah, can vouch for the Nilfisk's too. Had a C120 for years and it got plenty of abuse, a bit light on power for doing large patios for example but grand for the car.