Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommend me a screenwash

BMWHaus Guru

Recommend me a screenwash

What screenwash are people using? And where is it gotten from? After unblocking the washer system in the e92 yesterday so want to try keep it from clogging again.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    I've alwayed used the stuff lidel or aldi have for yours without bother other then it smells nice and cleans the window I've no idea what else it does tho

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    What screenwash are people using? And where is it gotten from? After unblocking the washer system in the e92 yesterday so want to try keep it from clogging again.

Last edited by Paddy; 15-03-16 at 09:44. Reason: What the fook.... Where's my reply gone???

BMWHaus Guru
    Anyway.... I think there arecertsin types that congeal in the bottom of the tank and I want to avoid that.

Administrator
    Screen wash isn't great for wax on the paintwork... removes it quite quickly, so never use screen wash, but rather a glass sealant and just water in the washers.

I find the concentrated Holts bottles quite good but do agree with Curran regarding wax removal. Especially as the E92 has lights sprayers also
    Current: E92 320d M-Sport
    Previous: E46 318ci SE

BMWHaus Guru
    Glass sealant ey.....

I had been using just water but started using a wash solution too as I found that water wasn't enough on its own. But clean the glass, seal it and only water could work.

You're putting me to shame now regarding the wax.... She hasn't seen any in several months so on a sidenote I will be starting back at that now the weathers improving.

BMWHaus Guru
    I code off the headlight washers, buy 5litre BMW concentrate screenwash and use that. Code them back on for NCT. The headlight washers typically spray on every third windscreen spray iirc but that can be coded a little less frequent also, like every 5 or 7.

I found holts always left a milky residue in my wash tank it eventually blocked it and I had to remove and steep the tank (it was the green concentrated holts) I then moved to small white bottles from bmw a 50ml shot of concentrate smells and worked great iv been using halfords cherry flavoured concentrate now for 18 months as its just handier to pick up ,smells amazing and no clogging issues

BMWHaus Contributor
    I wash my car with Autoglym bodywork shampoo conditioner. I also use it as a screenwash as it says it's safe to use on polished or waxed paintwork.
    I also apply Rain-x rain repellent to my windscreen every couple of months. I find it's best applied in the sun if possible.