Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small Diesel Cars?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Small Diesel Cars?

Im Wondering what is a Good Small Diesel car to get into? My Sister has a 05 1.6 Petrol Focus and its not too economical for the Mileage she does, So shes Going to need a Diesel in around the same size,
    any recommendations as to what is a good hassle free motor these days
    cheers Brian

Hi Brian, I had a commuter car for about 2-3years and it was pretty much faultless! It was a 2006 1.4tdci Fiesta. It averaged round 55mpg. Just if your doing plenty of miles regular oil changes are key!
    Current: E92 320d M-Sport
    Previous: E46 318ci SE

I'v a 2008 1.6TDCI Fiesta, Getting 58ish MPG (Computer says 63)

Have done 5000 miles since December in mine and no issues. (Touch wood!)
    Up to just over 103k now.

Very hard to get a 1.6TDCI here though, You can get the 1.4 handy though.

Highly recommended, Just buy a good one and keep on top of oil changes.

The Focus can be got with the 1.6TDCI, Same engine as mine but it has a DPF and different injectors.
    Last edited by RossYB; 23-03-16 at 19:02.

Bought the wife a 1.6tdci 2008 focus a short while back and have to say I love driving it myself, UK spec are better but need to have good service history due to turbo crapping themselves etc. Great comfort and great power in a small car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something like a Hyundai i30 or Kia Ceed would be my recommendation. Both are pretty much the same car using the same range of engines and platform. 1.6 diesel was available in 90bhp and 115bhp and are pretty hassle free once maintained properly.

Bought the girlfriend a Vauxhall Astra 2 years ago nd 22k later not a bother. It perfect for the motorway nd is easily gettin 120 mile to a tenner nd she has a heavy foot. Bit underpowered nd doesn't like roundabouts in 3rd but other then that it's a great bus. It's an estate she has nd I'm always using it to collect bulky parts nd it always swallows it up

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by thetangerine View Post
    Bought the girlfriend a Vauxhall Astra 2 years ago nd 22k later not a bother. It perfect for the motorway nd is easily gettin 120 mile to a tenner nd she has a heavy foot. Bit underpowered nd doesn't like roundabouts in 3rd but other then that it's a great bus. It's an estate she has nd I'm always using it to collect bulky parts nd it always swallows it up
    The petrol versions are to be avoided. I know of a diesel one for sale. Think he needs around 3 for it. Only selling due to expanding family.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart II using Tapatalk 2
    This is my BMW. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My BMW is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My BMW, without me, is useless. Without my BMW, I am useless. I must drive my BMW true......

thanks for all the replies, seems like the Fiesta/Focus diesels are popular.. my mate has a fiesta diesel van too which seems to keep him happy, so they seem to be a hassle free motor by the sounds of it, ill look into the Kia too, again a very popular car

BMWHaus Guru
    Herself just got an 09 Audi a3 diesel. Has it a couple of weeks. Nice place to be and gets down the road well.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart II using Tapatalk 2
    This is my BMW. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My BMW is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My BMW, without me, is useless. Without my BMW, I am useless. I must drive my BMW true......

PM me some details Venom it might be something she would like