Thread: Window tint advice

Window tint advice

Hi,

I'm going to tint the rear windows on my E46 Touring but am unsure on what darkness to go for, 35% or 20%. I don't wanna go too light or too dark. My interior is light grey so I'm sure this will have and effect on the darkness. Any pics or advice appreciated.

BMWHaus Guru

Window tint advice

Went with a 50% tint with mine, grey interior also, gives a nice contrast, anything less than 50 would be too light imo.
    Racing is Life anything that happens before or after is just waiting~ Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by Chillipepper View Post

Went with a 50% tint with mine, grey interior also, gives a nice contrast, anything less than 50 would be too light imo.
    That looks great, I thought 50% would have been too light. I meant 35% light transfer so 75% tinted

What is the max you can have for the NCT
    Current: E92 320d M-Sport
    Previous: E46 318ci SE

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav318 View Post
    What is the max you can have for the NCT
    on fronts is 30% tint / 70% light transfer

BMWHaus Contributor
    I have used the following crowd in the past here in Cork for two cars I used to own.

http://www.solargardireland.com/vehicles.php.html

When asked how much I could go for he said I could go as dark as I wish at the back while at the front, as mentioned on their site:

Main Changes to the NCT - From April 1st 2010
    "The glass in the windscreen and front side windows will be required to have a light transmission level of not less than 65% in order to pass the test"
    This basically means you are still free to tint your windows as dark as you like up to the drivers door. It is only the front driver and passenger door windows that are subject to NCT Regulations. It appears to be at the discreation of each NCT Centre whether the light tints are accepatable or not.

So if I were you I would do the rear 7 windows like Tony and leave the front 3 clear or have a very light tint in order not to fail NCT?