Thread: M44 Strange ticking under load

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

M44 Strange ticking under load

Hi folks,

I have an E36 318is that has a strange tick that seems to come from behind the clocks. This can't be heard on idle, only when the car is in the 1500 - 2100 RPM range and more pronounced when it's warm and the engine is under load. I can't hear it with the window down and my head out, Ace Ventura style

The car runs fine otherwise. No excessive fuel consumption, no random cutting out or idle issues. It can be a little lumpy when it starts from cold first thing in the morning but that clears after about 30 seconds.

I have yet to try diagnostics which would probably single out something but just thought I'd ask if anyone had an idea.

Cheers

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by STE36 View Post
    Hi folks,

I have an E36 318is that has a strange tick that seems to come from behind the clocks. This can't be heard on idle, only when the car is in the 1500 - 2100 RPM range and more pronounced when it's warm and the engine is under load. I can't hear it with the window down and my head out, Ace Ventura style

The car runs fine otherwise. No excessive fuel consumption, no random cutting out or idle issues. It can be a little lumpy when it starts from cold first thing in the morning but that clears after about 30 seconds.

I have yet to try diagnostics which would probably single out something but just thought I'd ask if anyone had an idea.

Cheers
    Exhaust Mani is goosed

Sent from my Vodafone Smart II using Tapatalk 2
    This is my BMW. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My BMW is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My BMW, without me, is useless. Without my BMW, I am useless. I must drive my BMW true......