Thread: Mercedes E Class, E220 2012

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mercedes E Class, E220 2012

I'm looking for info on the E Class Merc's, saloon diesels....the 2011-2012 models.

Has anyone any experience with them, good/bad? I'm tempted to go look at some of them but know zero about these.
    Any thoughts/opinions appreciated.

Sean

BMWHaus Guru
    My brother has a 2011 E220 diesel estate. I will get him to comment.

Sean,

We have had a very good experience thus far over the few years that we have owned the car. The car goes into the main dealer for an annual service and that is about it. The car is my wife's and she gets 35 mpg doing the school run and other short trips. On a good run the car easily does mid-40's. We have even managed to get 56 on a round trip between Clifden and Galway city. The wear on the tyres is not excessive in our experience. Our car has rear air suspension so it rides very well. We have the 7 speed auto box so it you can get an updated car with the same box rather than the 6 speed I would recommend it. Also it will mean the lower annual road tax of €280. However, if you need any other information please let me know. Good luck.

Mark

BMWHaus Contributor
    The father traded in his 2012 one and bought a new one in Athlone, be a great car to buy. It was trouble free for the few years that he had it and very small miles on it. Its 7 speed auto and the new one is 9 speed.

Thanks for the feedback, any particular things to look out for when inspecting?
    James, where did he trade the car into? Thanks.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Not sure is there many known faults with them but his never gave an ounce of trouble. Michael Moore in Athlone, its a lovely grey colour and around 40k miles or so.

BMWHaus Contributor
    I've been running a 12 E220 auto saloon the last couple of years my mum drives it great big car it had a A/C part replaced @400€ other than that it's been faultless I actually took it to Dublin and back today and TBH I find it very comfy and great for a long run but it does sound a little agricultural and would not be as good a driver as a 5