Thread: Wheel refurb diy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Wheel refurb diy

Lads I'm doin a bit of a clean up on gars missus old lm reps and looking for some advice, I have one sanded down to a finish I'm happy with and am wondering what's the best way to finish them, should I get a metal polish and then some sealant? I don't want to spend much money or effort on them but don't want to be out cleaning them every day Image1463998287.789230.jpgImage1463998301.443035.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sexy 6 potter

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    Just buy spray paint and paint them �� There is special silver wheel paint in motorfactors or halfords
    Motor Confidence-14b Knockmitten lane,Western ind est ,Naas road D12

Halfords do a chrome enamel spray which is quite decent, I've used it on a few items and I'd say it would look great on wheel lips

BMWHaus Contributor
    Cheers lads, dunno if i want to be painting them as i will probably do a shit job and end up havin to sand them again. Just looking to get them a bit shiney and protected

sexy 6 potter

BMWHaus Contributor
    Metal polish and seal with G3 or whatever it's called. It's all trial and error. See what works for you

But jesus don't be painting chrome on hahaha

Wheel refurb diy

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    Metal polish and seal with G3 or whatever it's called. It's all trial and error. See what works for you

But jesus don't be painting chrome on hahaha
    Just to clarify, the chrome enamel is more a very high gloss silver something akin to a silver you may get from proper wheel refurb. Doesn't require lacquer and very little prep and also hard wearing which I thought was a valid suggestion, didn't mean for it to be hilarious

BMWHaus Contributor
    I just have and image of the tacky/horrible chrome paint that can go terribly wrong if done wrong in anyway

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkySeeFunkyDoo View Post
    Just to clarify, the chrome enamel is more a very high gloss silver something akin to a silver you may get from proper wheel refurb. Doesn't require lacquer and very little prep and also hard wearing which I thought was a valid suggestion, didn't mean for it to be hilarious
    Yep all suggestions very welcome, I am trying to keep them to as little maintenance as possible so am hoping to keep them unpainted so when the wife kerbs them they will be handy enough to tidy up

sexy 6 potter

BMWHaus Contributor
    Cheers John I have the two fronts done now and the finish is good enough to leave unpainted. I am going to try a metal polish later and see what it turns out like, I will get onto the lads in the shed for some sealant. Thanks

sexy 6 potter