Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Felling a very large tree

BMWHaus Contributor
    Not sure if that's in the huntstown area but we have similar trees causing similar problems at the end of our garden. One in the next door neighbours garden fell over a few months ago and squashed a few sheds and stuff

Sent from my iPhone using shitetalk
    sexy 6 potter

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by nigzcurran View Post
    Not sure if that's in the huntstown area but we have similar trees causing similar problems at the end of our garden. One in the next door neighbours garden fell over a few months ago and squashed a few sheds and stuff

Sent from my iPhone using shitetalk
    Its not Huntstown no. Am worried about the whole falling down on sheds thing though. The previous owner chopped branches off our side of the tree, so a lot of the weight is on the neighbours side - and theres a pretty extensive shed on that side too. Can do without my home insurance taking a hit!

BMWHaus Guru
    Have you discussed with or approached the other neighbours to see if they would have an interest in contributing to the cost of removal. Tell them your concerns about it falling, blocking light, etc or do you think they would just say your property / tree, your problem?

For the 2k quote did that include you retaining all logs produced during removal or they take the lot? If you could retain them u could either sell off to recoup some of the expense or use to offset your own fuel costs later in the year.

Lastly what about contacting Coillte / forestry to see if they know of options or perhaps foresters who would be interested?

BMWHaus Guru
    Quick update...anyone need firewood ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

BMWHaus Guru
    So what happened in the end? Who done it?

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiem74 View Post
    So what happened in the end? Who done it?
    Got a lad up from Wexford to do it, super worker. Had to pay for it myself though, as expected. Only way it appears it would have been covered if was it was growing onto power line.