Thread: Will they fit.

Will they fit.

Well lads,

So I am on the look out for a second set of wheels for the m3. (E36 m3 saloon). There is a nice set of azev a alloys on eBay and the seller said he would post to Ireland. But the question is will they fit! The sizes are 17x 8.5j et 13 front and 17 X 10j et 20 back. I'm don't want to roll the arches or stretch the tires too much as the car is pretty much standard. The car is now lowered on bilstein pro kit so lowered about 10mm. Would really prefer to keep ordinal tire sizes to be honest. The link to the wheels http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Azev-deep-...kAAOSwOVpXVw4w. I will be keeping the motorsports so don't all ye bmw diehard get yer knickers in a twist!!!!!! They are gone been referbed at the moment. All info welcome.

Nope.... Rears won't fit without at least rolling the arch/stretch or possible flare the arch depending how low.

Use willtheyfit.com to give an idea, Standard E36 is 7.5J/8.5J ET41

From my experience, An 8J ET20 with 215/45 was the max with standard archs.
    Last edited by RossYB; 19-06-16 at 19:23.

Was thinking as much. E36s have a bastard of a off set. It rules out a lot of wheel choices

BMWHaus Contributor
    Why wouldnt you roll arches? You can gain 10mm of space without making any visual changes to the outside appearance of the car

Flaring arches and rolling arches isnt the same thing

The car is actually in the garage at the moment getting both inner and outer rear arches changed and just want them to fit with no hassle to be honest. Aren't m3 rear arches rolled already from factory or slightly bigger?

BMWHaus Contributor
    Pretty sure e36 arches are all the same. I could be wrong.

Change was only on e46

As I said, nothing wrong with arch rolling. I've had many customer come to me that just want more clearance but no visual change. They might have lowered the car a little and put on fresh tyres but happen to have wider tyre wall. Just needs a little roll and it's all good.