Thread: New Car / Brexit

BMWHaus Contributor

New Car / Brexit

Took a deposit on the Porsche today so we will be parting ways, il be sorry to see it go.

But this opens up a door for a new car.

I test drove another E60 M5 today and it made up my mind that it's not for me. I couldn't live with the gearbox. I was happy with the SMG in the E46 M3 but after years of driving the manual Turbo and automatic X5 I just found the SMG far to lumpy today, so I'm marking it off the list.

This leaves me looking for an E92 M3. Once again I'd prefere a DCT but I'm now open to manual.

With the market quite small here I will most likely have to look up North or accross the water, which brings me to the Brexit.

If England vote to leave Europe should we see a significant devaluation of the Sterling against the Euro? I'm hearing potentially 10%, but could people in the know share some input? my budget would be approx 20-25K Sterling so 10% would be a nice saving.

Thanks
    Horse power time

It's almost certain to drop if they vote to leave

http://www.exchangerates.org.uk/news...-outlook-.html

BMWHaus Contributor
    It will drop if they vote to leave - but if the vote is to stay then there could be a quick & significant appreciation, which would leave you having to pay more. At the moment stay looks more likely, so may be no harm in hedging part of your budget by booking a rate now

BMWHaus Contributor
    What m5 did you look at if you don't mind me asking. Just viewed 2 today but unfortunately weren't for me

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Gbp increased today more then it has in the last 7 years as mentioned above could be playing with fire and it could cost you an extra 10-12%

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by ian.j View Post
    What m5 did you look at if you don't mind me asking. Just viewed 2 today but unfortunately weren't for me

Ian which did u look at?

BMWHaus Contributor
    I drove the one out in Cameron Cars, an interlagos one.

Seemed a nice tight car, I just really didn't take to the gearbox, plus I think deep down I fancy an M3.

Was a nice car though
    Horse power time

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Remote View Post
    I drove the one out in Cameron Cars, an interlagos one.

Seemed a nice tight car, I just really didn't take to the gearbox, plus I think deep down I fancy an M3.

Was a nice car though
    Ah cracking car. The gear change is very slow when cruising around but if you stick it in m mode and use the paddles it's Alot better.

The v10 noise does it for me.