Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone know this M5?

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
    I noticed the price of ///M cars rising too, or another way of looking at it is that the depreciation has been close to nil.
    I got a 30k mile 2006 in 2011 AUC for 30k, that was 5 years old. This is a 2008 in 2016 so 8 years old and now 40k with much higher milage. Its not that depreciation has stopped, they are actively gaining value. I appreciate that in the recession years they were going for nothing, but I still feel 40k is far too strong here.
    All me beemers are gone.....for now.

I noticed the price of ///M cars rising too, or another way of looking at it is that the depreciation has been close to nil.
    Is this the m5 you had a loan of a few years back Mark ?

Hi, I thought you might be interested in this advert http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/M5/...t?channel=CARS on Carzone.ie

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gar View Post

Hi, I thought you might be interested in this advert http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/M5/...t?channel=CARS on Carzone.ie
    I know that car, its a good one. Apart from the horrid wood interior that car was well looked after by a enthusiast. I used to see it all the time in Waterford and it made me want a M5 even more.
    All me beemers are gone.....for now.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Gar View Post

That's the one! I had it to drive to the church for my wedding day! Feck! I might buy it!!!

BMWHaus Contributor
    That's the one! I had it to drive to the church for my wedding day! Feck! I might buy it!!!
    Its had a lot of work done prior to deerpark motors getting it within the last month. I regularily saw it outside of Murphy and Gunn in Milltown.

BMWHaus Guru
    The guy who owned it when I borrowed it hardly ever drove it. He had a Q7 that he drove when he wasn't driving a work vehicle. I remember him getting a sealant job on the paint, a carcoon too!

Some interesting comments and thoughts, thanks to all. Still can't decide what to do. The heart says go for it, but the head keeps saying are you really, really sure....? I'm lucky enough to work from home so mileage and fuel consumption are not issues. Insurance is not that much more than my 330i and I'm accustomed to paying €1500 a year tax so that won't be too much of a hike. I'm assuming the BMW AUC warranty should be watertight enough to guarantee two years worry free... By then, I'll probably want something else anyway. Decisions, decisions....

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    I got a 30k mile 2006 in 2011 AUC for 30k, that was 5 years old. This is a 2008 in 2016 so 8 years old and now 40k with much higher milage. Its not that depreciation has stopped, they are actively gaining value. I appreciate that in the recession years they were going for nothing, but I still feel 40k is far too strong here.
    +1 with moe I honestly believe the M3/M5 have gone bananas
    With the Stg dropping the only way is down now imo

BMWHaus Contributor

Anyone know this M5?

If you're not dead set on the M5 would you consider an M6?

Same V10 fun for €10k and 26k mls less. AFAIK they were more expensive than the M5 new.

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/bmw/...14470039242770

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2007 BMW E92 335i Sapphire Schwarz - Previous
    1998 BMW E36 318iS Cosmos Schwarz - Previous

Anyone know this M5?

Quote Originally Posted by Cisk View Post
    If you're not dead set on the M5 would you consider an M6?

Same V10 fun for €10k and 26k mls less. AFAIK they were more expensive than the M5 new.

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/bmw/...14470039242770

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fraid not, need to be able to carry wife and two teenagers :-(