Thread: Deleted

BMWHaus Contributor

Deleted

PLEASE READ THE FORUM CHARTER!

This is the second time an add has been deleted.
    Last edited by RossYB; 24-06-16 at 14:19.

BMWHaus Contributor
    GLWS, nice to see a low miler e36 for sale....

BMWHaus Contributor
    How about a message saying what it was exactly deleted for? I did read the format and went along with them, I'm sorry I missed the second one but most forums restrict access if it's under 50 posts etc

If it's for not having 50 posts or not here 6 months that's an easy mistake to make as said above

So I can just get a member to advertise it for me that seems to get around it

Also I've sold car parts on here and have good feedback from those who bought from me

Surely worth more weight than 'my friend is selling this car thread' which is allowed

Ill
    Last edited by Obriener2054; 24-06-16 at 17:14.

Administrator
    Contribution to the forum is a factor taken into consideration too....unfortunately all your posts are for your own gain.

It works both ways!

BMWHaus Contributor
    I do understand that but people gain from the parts too, I was only told about here after getting the car and one of the lads said that members on here would go mad for the bits

Not to worry, I just more so would have liked a courtesy pm telling me of why it was deleted, as said I just missed the second rules thread

BMWHaus Guru
    I suppose the other thing to mention to is that this is not run as a business, it's generally run on the goodwill of people with an interest in cars for the benefit of people with an interest in cars. That's not to say down the line the organizers might sell out when they decide they have no more time or interest in running it and rather than kill the forum they'll sell it on, nothing wrong with that. Right now they are here for the genuine interest in cars.

There are a few sponsors that help prop up the costs in return for advertising their services and wares to a targeted audience. The team need to be mindful of this to, its not a good idea if others were seen to get a "free ride" in the classified section.

Don't be disheartened about the site by this rejection of your advert, there's lots of interesting discussions, helpful DIYs and occasional meets where you can talk BMW and cars till your hearts content. The blocking of the advert here is just to maintain the community element of it. I think there is a way to pay for an advert here too if you're not an established member, maybe look in to that?

BMWHaus Contributor
    I got a bit disppointed when a pm wasn't sent..... Good post, thanks