Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: E90 335d Opinions

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Don B View Post
    When I'd the reg change?
    Sept 1st - changes to 66 plate.
    Current: BMW 530e M-Sport - '17, BMW 630i Sport auto - '07, BMW 325i Coupe - '93, BMW Z4 2.5si Auto - '07, '90 BMW 316i Lux.

Previous: BMW 328i Coupe - '96, BMW 530i SE auto - '07, BMW 530i Sport auto - '02, BMW 318i SE Touring - '07, BMW 330Ci Sport - '04, BMW 520d SE - '11, BMW 523i SE - '00, BMW 328i SE Touring - '00, BMW 523i SE - '97, BMW 323i SE - '98, 330Ci - '00, 325i Coupe - '93, 318Ci - '01, 316iSE - '98, 325iSE 2dr - '91, 320i Conv - '91, 325i Coupe - '92, 320i 2dr - '91.

That's a great shout from John. I too had a similar situation last year. I ended up getting a great deal through Enterprise for a couple of weeks where I simply needed a second car. A neighbour of mine picked up a 02 Clio taxed and tested for €250 (not a typo) to plug a gap between cars due to a private sale. If it'll take you a bit longer to get what you need, it is another option too.

BMWHaus Contributor
    I would strongly advise to hold out for a 335 if that's what you want. I wanted a 535 last time, and settled for a 525 that came along, I wasn't happy until I sold it and bought the 535. and that was after owning a 530 too.
    2014 Alpine White 520d MSport Plus
    2016 Fluid Black i3 94Ah

BMWHaus Contributor
    My brother is currently home from the UK. He has a 16 plate F30 320d MSport Touring xdrive as a company car.
    Sport auto with paddles and all the toys. Gorgeous car. Got a spin in it and to be honest there isn't the need for any more power imo. It really launches with the 4wd and from 60-100 mph it flies along. Stick it in sport plus mode and it can tackle the twisties superbly.

If you could get an early one of those they are a beautiful car.

Quote Originally Posted by hooch View Post
    My brother is currently home from the UK. He has a 16 plate F30 320d MSport Touring xdrive as a company car.
    Sport auto with paddles and all the toys. Gorgeous car. Got a spin in it and to be honest there isn't the need for any more power imo. It really launches with the 4wd and from 60-100 mph it flies along. Stick it in sport plus mode and it can tackle the twisties superbly.

If you could get an early one of those they are a beautiful car.
    While a very able car hooch, that just reads as depressing to me. As much as I enjoyed my diesel E46 for the mile munching I had to undertake at the time, I'd never go back. I'm not making comparisions between them both, more so an observation on diesel and the current offerings from the likes of BMW.

I think we're into a time, where we need to make the most of and enjoy the last of cars equipped with 6/8 cylinders as dailies, before the oncoming barrage of low cc turbo charged cars (petrol and diesel alike). All to keep the krusties with their environment agenda, happy - its depressing.

BMWHaus Guru
    Yeah, I've seen a number of F30 320d SE models in the likes of big motoring world, but already having a 120d, I'm not keen to buy another 4 cylinder diesel...while the 120d is actually a great car, and very quick (we have the 177bhp one), I don't reckon it'd be enough for me in a 3 series body.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ciars View Post
    While a very able car hooch, that just reads as depressing to me. As much as I enjoyed my diesel E46 for the mile munching I had to undertake at the time, I'd never go back. I'm not making comparisions between them both, more so an observation on diesel and the current offerings from the likes of BMW.

I think we're into a time, where we need to make the most of and enjoy the last of cars equipped with 6/8 cylinders as dailies, before the oncoming barrage of low cc turbo charged cars (petrol and diesel alike). All to keep the krusties with their environment agenda, happy - its depressing.
    Last year I had a 520d, this year I have a 530i. QED! 😀

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by ciars View Post

I agree but there is no comparison between the old M47 and the new twin scroll turbo engine in the F30.

By all means a 325/330/335 is a more enjoyable car but I think i'd be satisfied with the 320d if I wanted a frugal all rounder which is still good to drive.

But not for a few more years, I did just sell an Audi A4 and ended up in a Fiesta ST (everyone thought I was going mad) but i don't regret it one bit!

Absolutely, and no comparisons being made - but as long as there is a good revving petrol cruiser, I'm steering clear of diesel and the latest wave of low cc turbo charged emissions loving petrol equivalents