Thread: EVO Performance Tyre Test

BMWHaus Guru

EVO Performance Tyre Test

http://www.evo.co.uk/features/features/290650/performance_tyres_ten_of_the_best.html

BMWHaus Guru

RE: EVO Performance Tyre Test

Surprised they went with Michelin PS3s instead of PSS though :huh:

And no Toyos or Uniroyals

Re: EVO Performance Tyre Test

I think they were looking for good all rounders I dont think the pss would fair to well in the rain as its focused on superior dry grip ,how do you find them in the rain jeff ?

BMWHaus Guru

I think they're better in the wet than anything else I've ever had Gar (Contis, Dunlops, Bridgestones, etc). There's a better graph out there somewhere that I couldn't find which includes Cups & PS3, but check this out, and bear in mind that many rate PS2s higher than PS3s:

Re: RE: EVO Performance Tyre Test

Quote Originally Posted by Leins
    I think they're better in the wet than anything else I've ever had Gar (Contis, Dunlops, Bridgestones, etc). There's a better graph out there somewhere that I couldn't find which includes Cups & PS3, but check this out, and bear in mind that many rate PS2s higher than PS3s:

I must have mixed them up with the cups are they just for dry use ?

Jesus the super sport really craps all over the ps2 and iv had ps2's and found them superb the tyres your running must have you glued to the road

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Gar
    I must have mixed them up with the cups are they just for dry use ?

Jesus the super sport really craps all over the ps2 and iv had ps2's and found them superb the tyres your running must have you glued to the road
    Yeah the Cups are pretty much only for dry use. I would have got them for the CSL only I didn't know what the weather would be like down through Germany (and it did lash down!). However, the SuperSports are excellent

I'd heard great things about ContiSport5s, so surprised they didn't do better

Ive had those pirellis , Goodyears, Bridgestones and contis on the 645Ci
    My views would be
    Pirellis best overall dry grip and sportiest feeling but uncomfortable and wear fast

Goodyears best wet grip . Inspired confidence even in the worst weather . Brilliant resistance to aquaplaning and great overall. But get very loud towards the end of rheir life. ..... very very loud.

Continentals. Brilliant dry and wet grip . Never actually got them to slip unless I wanted to do donuts . By far the most comfortable . Felt like I was after going from a 19' rim to a 17' . Definately the easiest to live with with irish weather and roads. Highly recommend them . Only downside I noticed is that they werent as precise as the Pirellis . Trade off for the comfort I suppose.

Bridgestones. Overall I didnt like them at all. While they were excellent in the dry they were no better than budget tyres in the wet. Id never touch a bridgestone again after them . Too many unexpected 180's