Advertising this on here on bahalf of my sisters boyfriend.
1998 E36 Saloon for sale.
Dark Blue (Montreal I think) 316i
116 K Miles
Taxed until end Oct 2016
NCT until March 2017
4 new tyres fitted in April
Pioneer tape deck with CD changer
Wooden gear knob and glove box inlay.
Steel factory sunroof
2 owners
He has owned it for the last 12 years.

Car has an issue with intermittently getting hot. He had it with a local mechanic who replaced radiator, & thermostat all in the last 2 months. It previously got hot twice in traffic and once just after traffic where it blew a small coolant hose off it's fitting.
After that I had a quick look and diagnosed the viscous coupling for the fan was the original issue. I fitted a new one and drove it around for a few days - it didnt; overheat even sitting in 10 mins traffic jam, however it did throw out a small bit of water from the expansion cap after the engine was switched off. He took it back and drove it 40 miles to and from work for 2 days but on third day temp rose to 3/4 so he shut it off and decided to call time on it.
He has since bough a diesel as his mileage has increased for work recently.

So this car is for sale as is - best to assume the head gasket is gone.
Bit of lacquer peel on the passenger door and a small scrape on front left wing.
The car hasn't been abused.
If you threw a head gasket in it or had a 316 engine to throw in it it would be a cheap taxed and tested runabout. (Although given the smptoms I'm not 100% convinced the gasket is gone)

Car is located in Killarney.
Looking to recover some of the recent outlay so offer close as posisble to 500 euro please. (Has turned down an offer of 300 euro so please don't waste time with low ball offers - it will break for more than that - new rad, new stat, new viscous all in last 2 months))
PM me here or call 087 2630631
Might p/ex - what have you? pre 1987 W124 Merc estate, or W126 etc.