Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E36 Parts Wanted and Best place to buy

E36 Parts Wanted and Best place to buy

Ok so need to get a few bits for the touring and need some advice on where best to get a few of the parts?

• Gear knob - thinking about getting an E46 ZHP Gear knob, better to order online or through a main dealer?
    • Leather interior - am I right in saying back seats for touring differ from the saloon? Best places to look other then eBay etc.? Toying with the idea of ordering the cloth to repair the front seats to keep the originality of the car.
    • Steering Wheel - I've seen Royal reupholster steering wheels, quite like the 3 spoke steering wheel in it currently but the leather has worn a lot
    • Front BMW badge
    • Hand break leather cover
    • M3 splitter

Think thats it for the immediate future, also having trouble removing pioneer HU currently in it. Have a range of keys but none of them seem to work. Might pop down to halfords and see if they'll lend me a set to remove hu?
    Last edited by Ryany; 22-07-16 at 16:26.

Site Sponsor Super4!

He should be able help with the gearknob and BMW badge. (Don't be fooled by the 'Genuine' badges on eBay, They're shite) He could also do the splitter and handbrake booth.

Which wheel have you at the moment? Royal Steering Wheels come well recomended!

As for the leather, E36/E46 owners selling page UK on Facebook, e36coupe.com and eBay are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by RossYB View Post
    Site Sponsor Super4!

He should be able help with the gearknob and BMW badge. (Don't be fooled by the 'Genuine' badges on eBay, They're shite) He could also do the splitter and handbrake booth.

As for the leather, E36/E46 owners selling page UK on Facebook, e36coupe.com and eBay are the best.
    Thanks you! Very informative. I have the 3 spoke sport one, not the M3 one i.e. the skinnier one if you get me?

Perfect I'll get looking.

BMWHaus Guru
    I'd recommend AT Autostyle in Kilkenny for the steering wheel retrim. They would also do a fantastic job on the interior but it would be pricey.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by RossYB View Post
    Site Sponsor Super4!

+1 here for cab in Super4 a gent to deal with.
    Racing is Life anything that happens before or after is just waiting~ Steve McQueen

BMWHaus Guru
    E36 Touring Comfort Leather Interior For Sale

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t may be of interest not a sport interior though.
    Racing is Life anything that happens before or after is just waiting~ Steve McQueen

Finding it impossible to get leather interior? Anybody have any previous experience with eBay.de? Few sets on there but can't get sellers to respond to me.

Also would I be better off buying the fronts separate from a coupe or saloon and then just waiting to find a back seat somewhere?

They can be terrible fussy fcukers to be honest especially if you speak to them in English or badly Google translated German

I'd search breakers in the UK high and low you will find what you want

Try shooting these an email

http://www.bmspares.co.uk/new_breakers_3series.htm

Half leather mtech touring interior 180
    http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E36-Tour...017?nav=SEARCH
    Last edited by Gar; 02-08-16 at 22:48.

Thanks Gar, will do!

Haha I know, I emailed in English and then google translate below

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk