Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I broke something

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    the oil dipstick tube will allways be kinda loose ,and moves free side to side,becouse its only on one round O ring ,but once its bolted to the mounting its all ok
    Motor Confidence-14b Knockmitten lane,Western ind est ,Naas road D12

BMWHaus Contributor
    Thanks Valdis that's another thing I can stop worrying about. I will try the maf and pray that's the problem

Sent from my iPhone using shitetalk
    sexy 6 potter

BMWHaus Contributor
    Tried gars maf tonight and the rough idle problem is still there. Gar disconnected the disa and it improved it a lot but still not perfect. I will just have to keep digging, has anyone any idea if I could have done something to cause this when removing the fuel rail? I cleaned the injectors and am wondering if I did anything wrong in that area.

sexy 6 potter

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by nigzcurran View Post
    Tried gars maf tonight and the rough idle problem is still there. Gar disconnected the disa and it improved it a lot but still not perfect. I will just have to keep digging, has anyone any idea if I could have done something to cause this when removing the fuel rail? I cleaned the injectors and am wondering if I did anything wrong in that area.

how did u cleaned injectors?? and why ?? did u changed injector rubber gaskets - O rings?

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    get some spray , start the engine and spray around inlet manifold , around injectors and so on ,and see if it will make any changes on engine work .if it will does ,check for leaks in that area

BMWHaus Contributor
    I noticed the tips of the injectors were dirty when I removed the fuel rail so I cleaned them with some brake cleaner, I probably lost an o ring in the process I will look for any leaks around the area and report back

sexy 6 potter

BMWHaus Contributor
    So I checked around the top of the manifold and the injectors and could only find one small leak on the top ccv pipe so replaced the o ring on that and fixed the leak but rough idle still exists, I sprayed under the manifold and can hear a leak from the oil return pipe on the ccv I think so will examine that properly during the week when I'm replacing the throttle body gasket and lower rubber boot. Fingers crossed I find the culprit then

sexy 6 potter

BMWHaus Contributor
    Don't know if I have a new problem or if this is the cause but I have found a leak in the fuel line right behind the manifold, i must have damaged it when moving the manifold, could this be the cause of the rough idling and is that hose easily replaced?

sexy 6 potter

BMWHaus Contributor
    IMG_1397.JPG

sexy 6 potter

BMWHaus Contributor
    Think I need to leave this to the professionals replaced the fuel hose and rubber boots and throttle body gasket and checked every where for leaks and still no improvement unfortunately, doesn't throw up any errors when the maf is disconnected and runs nearly perfect

sexy 6 potter