Quote Originally Posted by Super4 View Post
Alloy rads imo are well worth and help to reduce engine running temps which is always going to be beneficial, for example I have fitted an all alloy rad to my daily which is a Mitsubishi L200 which are known to run hot. Before installing it the temp needle always sat above half, after the rad was installed the temp needle now always sits below half no matter what I do with it. I have pulled a trailer and digger without issue and without the needle budging. All alloy rads are also much lest likely to fail over plastic rads unless they take a serious hit. Alloy rads also tend to be larger thus helping with cooling more. As for fans here is my take on them :

Viscous Fans :

a clutch fan that is controlled via t-stat
Viscous fans will also be a parasitic
Uses a clutch to engage or disengage fan at certain engine speeds or temp.
Viscous fans don't fully disengage, it keeps spinning slower than the waterpump does.
Viscous fans have a limited rev range and only spin so fast, not sure exact rpms but maybe around 4,500 ish. Viscous fans will also be a parasitic
Fine for stock cars without serious modification that are being driven easily.

Electric fans :

Shall help slow down water pump wear in theory
Electric fan kits can be used as pusher or puller fans meaning they can be mount on the engine side of bumper side of the rad, very useful when its comes time to doing engine conversions and your tight for space
Generally they run quicker at lower engine rpm than viscous so help improve cooling at traffic and stand still
They also tend to rev higher so when a car is being driven spiritedly it shall help reduce engine temps and help cool quicker.
No parasitic loss and in theory engine response should be mildly improved as should petrol consumption.

Pulleys and flywheels : Need to do a parts run now, but f someone hasn't covered this by this evening I'll get a post up.

Hope this helps,
Super 4 construction is next cab is it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk