Thread: Focus 1.6 TDCI Codes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Focus 1.6 TDCI Codes

Have code P2584 coming up on the wifes car, with engine management light now too, seems to point to DPF on the old Google machine, i believe these focus models have DPF fluid that need to be topped up? Can anyone shed any light and advise a good ford indy in Dublin/Kildare that could look at it for me? Usually go to Valdas but believe he is on hols
    Cheers
    Dave

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor
    Check the fuel filler lid. It'll have a small circle thing on the flap hinge which is a magnet.

https://goo.gl/images/iUpzB1

Checked that John and all seems ok, magnet is there

BMWHaus Contributor
    Ok so you defo have this fluid.

There is a how to video on own to top it up on YouTube.

Cheers, saw it this evening, read that you need to reset ECU and regenerate DPF after topping up, will.top up and clear the codes and see, ramp access is all i am missing!

Wear glove and be careful doing it. The fluid is a carcinogen. And impossible to wash off.

Need IDS to reset the ecu, anyone able to help here? Fuel flap method doesnt work once warning has come up on the dash

BMWHaus Contributor
    It's called pat fluid. Gsf sell it for about 60 quid a litre. I had one a few weeks ago. Filled it. Reset values and confirmed it was full with diagnostic. Did a static re gen also. Code came back 2 weeks later. Customer ended up getting the dpf removed and re mapped. Cost him 400 and said car is driving better than ever. Only issue is nct will start measuring soot particles in the next few years so if your holding onto it have a good think about it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    Unit 50 Parkwest Road, Clondalkin, Dublin 12

Thanks Ian.j, got the PAT fluid through work and refilled, because the warning came up on dash I need to get it reset and regen with IDS - hopefully get sorted tomorrow

Yeah heard its best to remove but will try this route first, although with technology like this its probably only a matter of time before it rears its head again

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ian.j View Post
    It's called pat fluid. Gsf sell it for about 60 quid a litre. I had one a few weeks ago. Filled it. Reset values and confirmed it was full with diagnostic. Did a static re gen also. Code came back 2 weeks later. Customer ended up getting the dpf removed and re mapped. Cost him 400 and said car is driving better than ever. Only issue is nct will start measuring soot particles in the next few years so if your holding onto it have a good think about it

Quote Originally Posted by ian.j View Post