Thread: Not really a daily... My E39 M5

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My E39 M5

So, as you may have figured out gang, I've taken on what's commonly referred to as "DonalM's" M5. For quite some time, I've wanted what I would call a "proper" car, with a proper donkey under the bonnet. You know, something with lots of cc, ridiculous to tax, stupid mpg and glorious to listen to. I missed out on young Mr. M's S4, then a friend's 911, then an Rs2 Audi..... And then the young Kilkenny fella stuck up his for sale ad.... And the rest as they say is history.

To quote DonalM, as he worded it better than I could
    "I dont know how to explain it. That sense of excitement, proudness, maybe even love for want of a better word.

You know the type of car, a car that if someone offered you more than you paid for it you still wouldn't sell it.

I think I've finally found it....

Meet my E39 M5 in carbon black.

It's got 400hp, a stonking V8 up front and all that grunt goes straight to the back wheels."

It's a long time since I've had a car that when walking away from it, I turn back to look at it before I'm gone too far.

For now, all I want to do is enjoy it, while bringing it to tip top working standard, ironing out whatever niggles and foibles it has.
    Last edited by Tristan; 15-08-16 at 17:19.