Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Not really a daily... My E39 M5

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Not really a daily... My E39 M5

Nope, it's the bmw performance kit for the 135i. JohnH has them on his M3. You'd need to have custom fabricated brackets made, I have the cad drawings if you want them.

They're a smaller diameter disk than the standard M5 disk, smaller in width too, and non floating.

I don't fancy having a monoblock calliper on a non floating disk with the M5.

I'm looking at the stoptech trophy kit personally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Tristan, Brian is my own name from Cork. I was the guy who originally imported this in from the UK back in 2009 and I had it for two years. I remember looking for ages for a clean low mileage car with all black leather as I didn't like the two tone. It had 54k miles when I bought it if I'm not mistaken. It was absolutely immaculate when I picked it up. I think it was a man called John Harper had it in Leicester and I bought it off him. There wasn't a mark on the car and I kept it like that for two years (which is a lot by my standards) and sold it to a gent in Dublin, whose contact details I still have. I had many regrets afterwards! I stumbled across this thread and was delighted when I saw the reg. I think you will enjoy the car anyway, loads of torque and a glorious sound. Very tidy handling for a big car too. I'm really glad to see it is alive and well and that you are lavishing the love it deserves on it. I wish you well with it anyway Tristan. All the best,
    Brian

Thanks Brian! Glad to hear from you, adding to the history! Hopefully some day we might meet in person at a show or something.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Shiny

Stealthy.

Opinions, please

Administrator
    Have my grills black too - think the chrome effect dates the car a lot, but I dont think the all black is the best either, but better than the chrome - if that make sense!

I was thinking satin black outer with the chrome tipped vertical slats from the original M5 kidneys.

BMWHaus Contributor
    I'd keep the chrome. I think it goes well against the black.
    Putting the chrome grills back on my M3 was one of the best things I did for it's look.

BMWHaus Contributor
    I'm with eoin on this, the black looks ok only with certain colour cars, but chrome on Black is best imo - I do remember seeing a gunmetal version for sale a while back on flee bay (dunno what the quality was like) looked well, it would be very like the colour of your rims Tristan

Is there anyone around who could do a dark chrome finish?

Boom. Job done.