Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Checks for car information. (MOT History, Irish Tax/NCT Expiry)

Targetcarparts will only work with registrations of a certain length. Cherished Plates which are single digits, ie: 162D1 won't work.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    Targetcarparts will only work with registrations of a certain length. Cherished Plates which are single digits, ie: 162D1 won't work.
    Have you tried typing 162D0001? That format works on cartell.ie

BMWHaus Guru
    Another scary thing I noticed about the website:

http://www.targetcarparts.ie

Is that it gives you the chassis number from the registration plate number. Where are they pulling that information from?

That car number plate vin check no longer works someone must have rang up complaining about it

The target link to get chassis number seems to be working again.

I'v also noticed the NCT website has updated to include a new 'Check Validity'

Have used successfully back as far as 2004, Nice to see if an old car is still alive.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Is there a way to confirm mileage of a car that has had only 1 previous mot.

For example
    My sister is looking to buy a car from kind of back yard dealer here in Ireland. It's 2012 with 44k miles. Had a previous mot in 2015 and the mileage checks out just fine. But how can I confirm that it wasn't clocked prior to its first mot?

You can't unfortunately, That's when most of the cars get their hair cut!

If you got it plugged it, It will have the mileage stored somewhere.... Or if you can find out where it was registered in the UK/Supplying dealer and ring them! They won't give previous owner details but should help with a mileage query.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Thanks Ross. And can the registration plate be used to get the supplying dealer?

No but you can tell the locality where it was registered, http://www.ukvehicle.com

Then hopefully they're won't be too many dealers in that area.