Thread: Wheel clearance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

Wheel clearance

Anyone tell me do 17" 8j et20 style 5s for over e36 m3 breaks ?

Sent from a land far far away

I would say it will clear the brakes no problem. The problem would be the offset as they will sit further out away from the shock and could rub ur arches. Tyre size choice and suspension set up would be a factor. There is a lot of conflicting treads the say they will or won't fit. I am looking at getting a set of throwing star for my e36 but it's had to know will they fit ok with the offset.

BMWHaus Site Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennyc View Post
    I would say it will clear the brakes no problem. The problem would be the offset as they will sit further out away from the shock and could rub ur arches. Tyre size choice and suspension set up would be a factor. There is a lot of conflicting treads the say they will or won't fit. I am looking at getting a set of throwing star for my e36 but it's had to know will they fit ok with the offset.

Hi Benny,

Throwing stars will work on the E36 feel free to PM your number if you need help.
    CURRENT CARS:

Avus Blue 99 E36 318ic
    Arctic Silver 98 E36 328ic
    Montreal Blue 95 E36 320ic
    Avus Blue 99 E36 318is
    Hellrot 95 E36 318is trackcar soon

Galaxy Grey 06 Mazda RX-8 192bhp

Blue / silver 2003 Mitsubishi L200 Crewcab

Super
    4 BMW

ON FACEBOOK
    ON INSTAGRAM
    http://www.facebook.com/eisenmannireland
    super4offroad@gmail.com
    086-731-1738

BMWHaus Guru
    Have the wheels on the car was more wondering about if I change breaks. As if I had to use a spacer they wouldn't fit. Here's the car with style 5s

Ok sorry. From what I read I would have thought that with the off-set they would rub the arches. But obivously not. They look really well.
    Well u know what thought did!!!!! If u want to give me the wheels for a test for a week or a year il stick them onto my m3 and tell you.������

BMWHaus Guru
    Ok sorry. From what I read I would have thought that with the off-set they would rub the arches. But obivously not. They look really well.
    Well u know what thought did!!!!! If u want to give me the wheels for a test for a week or a year il stick them onto my m3 and tell you.������
    They will of your not careful with tire choice. Think mine are 215/45/17