Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power lifting / weightlifting

BMWHaus Contributor
    One of the reasons I stopped going to my local gym I went to take weights of the rack but was told I'm using that to film myself! Guy had his phone sitting on it off came his top and posing away and when he lifts weights he sounds like a rhino getting his end away. He moved when I told him to go home and do it in his box room but it can be intimidating for women or for someone new to the gym. Have tried crossfit the last couple of months and it is brilliant have made more progress doing this than any other gym work outs. The only PB I have is a 210kg deadlift had given myself till December to get 200kg but once I worked on technique the pulls got more fluid.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by ginoc View Post
    One of the reasons I stopped going to my local gym I went to take weights of the rack but was told I'm using that to film myself! Guy had his phone sitting on it off came his top and posing away and when he lifts weights he sounds like a rhino getting his end away. He moved when I told him to go home and do it in his box room but it can be intimidating for women or for someone new to the gym. Have tried crossfit the last couple of months and it is brilliant have made more progress doing this than any other gym work outs. The only PB I have is a 210kg deadlift had given myself till December to get 200kg but once I worked on technique the pulls got more fluid.
    You should have accidentally dropped the dumbbell on his phone........

Administrator
    Dropped it on his phone? Head or foot would have been better!

I'm at a gym in galway and it's not too bad for posers, huge amount of terrible form though! from terrible squats right down to terrible barbell curls! a lot of ppl don't seem to realise more does not = better!

BMWHaus Guru
    I've been doing strength training at a gym in inchicore the last couple of months, no posers, mirrors or any of that crap, proper gym and training, would recommend
    E92 Interlagos Blue M3 - Current
    F10 Sophisto Grey 530d M-Sport - Sold
    F21 M135i Estoril Blue - Sold
    E92 Sapphire Black 335d M-Sport
    - Sold
    E36 328i SE Low Miler - Sold
    E46 Estoril Blue M3 - Sold
    E46 Titan Silver 330ci Clubsport - Sold
    E36 Cosmos Black 318is - Dead

I've been doing some weightlifting for about 1 year now, have been trying to loose fat at the same time so calorie deficit for the last few months means progress is slow but steady.
    Currently at 70-71kg bodyweight, back squat 100kg, front squat 75kg, deadlift 140kg, OHP 55kg, DB bench 35kg

Doubt I'll ever compete or that,I just enjoy it