Quote Originally Posted by E36 Fanboy View Post
Thanks for the replies.
A few questions I was mulling over:

Is there anyone in Ireland who can replace a roof? Or a rear window?
Is scuttle shake bad on them?
Hi E36 Fan boy and welcome to the Haus
I would go with all which has been mentioned by the lads above.
I got my wife an E36 convertible (318i) that I did not pay much and did it up. What I can say is the lads are right when saying better invest more to start with and get the best you can as in the long run something you don't pay too expensive might turn out to be quite the opposite.
Something you might want to consider is a convertible that comes with a hardtop. Not only are hardtops discontinued but finding one for grabs could set you back 500/750 euros depending on condition. Furthermore chances of it being the same colour as your car would be pretty slim so...
The benefit is that with a hardtop you could use the car all year around
As far as rear windows are concerned always check them. A new item will set you back more or less 500 euros afaik and you have two models: zip in (which can be done but would take more or less 2 people to do right) and the stitch in which I would believe is a little more complicated (have no experience of it though).
There are places that do work on convertibles like A&T in Kilkenny and other places too (I can't remember the name now)
The shake on them is not too bad. I would suggest you took one for a drive and experienced it as it can change from person to person. Needless to say that another advantage of a hardtop is that the vert becomes more rigid so you would not feel the shake... I have one on my 328 convertible
Let us know how you get on !