Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E46 M3 interior trim choices

BMWHaus Guru

E46 M3 interior trim choices

The interior trim in the m3 is carbon fibre wrapped. It was in the car when I got it but I plan to change it. I'd prefer an OEM or OEM+ look but am not sure what to go for.

I'm not a fan of Titan silver or the titanium grey as I think they date the interior. Piano black is an option but I'd like to find something either individual or rare like ACS.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks
    John

BMWHaus Guru
    It's hard to go wrong with the piano black imo. There was a leather option, which could look ok dependent on the colour.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by kdevitt View Post
    It's hard to go wrong with the piano black imo. There was a leather option, which could look ok dependent on the colour.
    I've never seen leather trim, must have a look for that. I'm tempted to change the colour of the interior too to something brighter (Champagne or Cinnamon maybe) so the piano black would work well then

Go for it John. It is So worth it!!! And with regard to the trim I did Aqua graphics on mine and they are still as perfect as the day they were done a year ago. You can get piano black or something more out there what ever takes your fancy. And it is cheap enough to do. Think the whole interior for my car cost 200 at the time. No need to buy new ones either I have a spare set from an m3 interior here if your interested in keeping your originals intact.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by E46 MAN View Post

Go for it John. It is So worth it!!! And with regard to the trim I did Aqua graphics on mine and they are still as perfect as the day they were done a year ago. You can get piano black or something more out there what ever takes your fancy. And it is cheap enough to do. Think the whole interior for my car cost 200 at the time. No need to buy new ones either I have a spare set from an m3 interior here if your interested in keeping your originals intact.

Did you have your interior reupholstered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Did you have your interior reupholstered?

I did I had it reupholstered by a company in Kilkenny called A&T Autostyle. They did an amazing job to be honest.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by E46 MAN View Post
    I did I had it reupholstered by a company in Kilkenny called A&T Autostyle. They did an amazing job to be honest.

I've seen a few interiors they've done now, everyone with the same feedback.

Could you PM me with a rough indication of cost?

BMWHaus Contributor
    I recently came across 4 piece dash trim in brushed aluminium. I couldnt find a full set at the time unfortunately, so I am still looking for brushed alu arm rests.
    Much better than my titan silver.
    Not the best pic

BMWHaus Guru
    Would a darker wood trim like bamboo work, John? Is that even available on the E46?

Would be interested to know how much the interior re-trim was too. I'm sorely tempted by i3's for commuting, and it's either great spec with cloth, or poverty spec with leather for my budget. Would love to get the higher spec and get it re-trimmed in time.