Thread: Smart TV Box

Smart TV Box

My old man was asking me about netflix, i was going to recommend an Apple TV for that but after some research i came across this kind of thing, i hope it's ok to ask about such things here :blush: Anyone with any experience or knowledge of these things. Is there a better alternative. It might be a bit messy for my old man to be using and probably better off going with the limited functions of the Apple. But i'm tempted myself to get this if i can watch Sky F1 HD.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-New-Arrival-Quad-Core-Android-4-2-Google-TV-BOX-Fully-Loaded-XBMC-white-/161089134895?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Internet_TV_Media_ Streamers&hash=item2581a9212f

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Smart TV Box

as far as i can figure out that is just a fancy tv/broadband box similar to the new horizon box. i dont think it provides free tv as it would have no way of recievin and decodin channels? open to correction but if it provided free sky sports it would cost a lot more and be sold out! the ad is pretty vague which is always a bad sign but its an irish seller, keep us informed if ye find out anymore info
    sexy 6 potter

This is what they said,

"You can watch 100's of channels including SKY F1 in few resolution from very poor , around 260p up to 720p HD.
    This box is using internet streams from other users so it is depends in which quality they are sending signal @ air .
    But is so many and every day something new is showing up ( including full HD cinema,Blue-Ray and DVD movies ) that I can't state them all.
    Regards"

So i think its just like streaming on your pc, Not like the old dodgy boxes But it does have Netflix and xbmc. Why don't Netflix have their own box!! Ill prob just get him an Apple TV as he only wants the Netflix.

BMWHaus Guru

What about the Somy Google TV? I have the Apple TV & Google TV, both pretty good.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S

I'd say that is just streaming through XBMC. I always found the quality of the live sports through it to be poor. Movies and tv shows are really good quality.

I found this video, i'm very tempted to get one like this.It would blow my dads mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=B797t0UWMrI