Thread: Remote bootlid open

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Remote bootlid open

I've been playing around with NCS Expert after Mark showed me how to use it (thanks!) and so far I've managed to not brick my car
    I did manage to change the remote bootlid operation though and I have no idea what I changed. Prior to coding the boot would open by remote with the doors locked but now it only opens when the rest of the car is unlocked. Anyone any ideas? The car is an E63 M6.

While on the subject of coding, does anyone know of a setting to force the car to park the wipers when the engine is shut off? The option seems to exist for the E9x but I can't find an equivalent for the E6x.

RE: Remote bootlid open

I asked a similar question 'somewhere else' before. I think on the 5er and 6er it's down to a certain module (WIM module) not being installed on the car which is on the 7er.
    Edit: That's on the wipers question BTW

BMWHaus Guru

Re: Remote bootlid open

What have you coded so far? Anything to do with the remote e.g. panic alarm.

Sent from my Mobile Device using Tapatalk 2

Re: RE: Remote bootlid open

Quote Originally Posted by eddiem74
    What have you coded so far? Anything to do with the remote e.g. panic alarm.

Sent from my Mobile Device using Tapatalk 2
    That panic alarm is already set from the factory afaik , just hold the boot release button

BMWHaus Contributor

I didn't touch the panic alarm, I don't think it was ever enabled - pretty sure I'd have set it off it was. I think that's not enabled on UK models from factory. Holding in the boot release while the car is locked does nothing.

The only things I've touched in the CAS module are
    KOMFORT_EJECT -> aktiv
    KOMFORTOEFFNUNG_FP -> nicht_aktiv

I did find FBD_HKL_NUR_ER (TRUNK LID RELEASE WITH REMOTE CONTROL ONLY WHEN VEHICLE UNLOCKED) but it's set to nicht_aktiv. I set it to aktiv and back to nicht_aktiv for the hell of it but no change.

It's not that big a deal, I'd just love to know why it changed behaviour.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nsheridan
    I didn't touch the panic alarm, I don't think it was ever enabled - pretty sure I'd have set it off it was. I think that's not enabled on UK models from factory. Holding in the boot release while the car is locked does nothing.

The only things I've touched in the CAS module are
    KOMFORT_EJECT -> aktiv
    KOMFORTOEFFNUNG_FP -> nicht_aktiv

I did find FBD_HKL_NUR_ER (TRUNK LID RELEASE WITH REMOTE CONTROL ONLY WHEN VEHICLE UNLOCKED) but it's set to nicht_aktiv. I set it to aktiv and back to nicht_aktiv for the hell of it but no change.

It's not that big a deal, I'd just love to know why it changed behaviour.
    I have the same change in behaviour also on my E92, I assumed it was cos I enabled panic alarm, but I also enabled KOMFORT_EJECT at the same time. So may that was it.

BMWHaus Contributor

I did find a BACKDOOR - AUTOMATIC TRUNK LID setting in CAPPL. It's currently nicht_aktiv. That wouldn't be it, would it?

BMWHaus Contributor

Remote bootlid open

Nope. Just adds a pretty graphic with no useful options.

BMWHaus Guru

Niall, I would have changed that setting to PANIKALARM that day in IFOS. You need to do that in order to use the Remote Homelights feature with the bootlid button on the key fob.
    Current Garage:
    e36 Convertible, e63 M6,F82 M4, R53 Cooper S, F57 JCW, R53 JCW GP1, Porsche Panamera, Porsche 991 C4S