Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's my car worth

Quote Originally Posted by Gar View Post
    Not too piss on anyone's cornflakes but iv been seeing posts about e36's going up the last 3-4 years now they still haven't went up apart from m3's

E30's have really only started to raise recently I think it will be another 5 years minimum before they go up a bit

3 years ago I was buying E36 318is M-Sports for €700/€800..... Triple that now for the same car.
    My Silver E36 cost me €400 (Although I'v spent €€€€ on mods, It was a solid original car)

Double tops still plenty knocking around for 1500 they always come in batches on donedeal reality is though it's been Said for years now, and a watched pot never boils

I sold mine for 3K 5 Years ago is it worth 6-9K now

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by RossYB View Post
    3 years ago I was buying E36 318is M-Sports for €700/€800..... Triple that now for the same car.
    My Silver E36 cost me €400 (Although I'v spent €€€€ on mods, It was a solid original car)
    Also bought a few for sub 500. Agreed would not get a sniff of one for that money now.
    This is my BMW. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My BMW is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My BMW, without me, is useless. Without my BMW, I am useless. I must drive my BMW true......

One in the for sale section last week €500 on here

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Gar View Post
    One in the for sale section last week €500 on here

Yes but thats now sold. It also had poor body work and a shot engine. To differentiate i was referring to cars that did not have those issues.
    This is my BMW. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My BMW is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My BMW, without me, is useless. Without my BMW, I am useless. I must drive my BMW true......

So you were getting minters for €500 ? I don't see the logic here your talking about e36 values going up and picking them up for €500 in the same sentence of course they were going to go above €500 any lower would be scrap value good e36's were making 2.5-3.5K two or three years ago and they still make it today that hasn't really changed at all imo

The way I look at it, I had an original 318is Boston Green M-Sport, Irish car and completely standard with fresh NCT. Took me a few weeks to sell it and got something like a €1k for it. Same car today would be up an hour and sold at that money. Would be at least a €2k+ car now. And that wasn't a once off either.

That would be 5 years ago next Jan. (I bought my Silver E36 the week before the green one) Recently say the Boston Green still in use

Ok their was big money enthusiast 318is a few years back, but normal average E36 wernt as strong as they were now.
    Last edited by RossYB; 13-10-16 at 08:56.

BMWHaus Guru
    Cheers lads. Would rather no sell it as i have the room to store it so if I don't get a decent price will keep it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk