Thread: Locking wheel nut removal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Locking wheel nut removal

Lads, looking for some advice. I bought a set of bimecc locking wheel bolts when I fitted csl wheels to the m3. Ive somehow managed to loose the nut and cant get them off. Ive been in touch with the seller and he said there's 200 different combinations, so cant help me unless Ive the number from the lost bolt.

Anyone have an idea how I could remove the 4 of them or somewhere I could bring the car?
    Last edited by nige; 15-10-16 at 17:10.

BMWHaus Guru
    Picture of the lock bolt on the alloy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor
    Hi Conor, Im out at the minute so cant take a picture, but these are the exact ones I bought....
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think I have the same lock key for mine Nige. If your around your more than welcome to try it.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Cheers johny, I wont be down until next weekend, but might take you up on the offer if I cant get sorted before then! Pm me your number will you, I dont have it anymore.

Sent it to you there. I remember I had this problem with my civic coupe a good cew years ago and fitzpatrick tyres had a socket head that cut into and gripped the nut to take it off.

BMWHaus Guru
    Auto lock smith or if feeling brave and you cant hammer a socket on then a good drill with cobalt bits.
    This is my BMW. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My BMW is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My BMW, without me, is useless. Without my BMW, I am useless. I must drive my BMW true......

BMWHaus Contributor
    What Venom said - I got around this once by using Irwin lug nut removers (e-bay) http://www.irwin.com/tools/screw-bol...-specialty-set

They sell a bolt removal kit also (found in your local woodies / home base etc) but I think they only go up to 16mm - where BMW are nearly always 17mm (did you measure the A/F across the set you have to get an idea of size?)
    Last edited by 318is-joe; 16-10-16 at 11:36.

If you decide to hammer on an old socket, make sure the lock nut does not have a ring around it that just spins, this is to obviously prevent thievs from hammering on sockets and stealing your wheels.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Thanks for the comments lads. Will report back when I get it sorted, might be of use to someone else in the future!