Thread: Remaping my e60 520d

Remaping my e60 520d

I was thinking of remaping my 2007 5 series, and seeing as I know nothing about this sort of thing I said I'd see if any of you guys got it done and what the results were like. I'm not looking for crazy figures I just want a little more grunt as I find the car slugish to get going threw the auto box. Also the fuel consumption is pretty high which I wasnt expecting. Its no easier on diesel than my old 530d. Any words of wisdom and recomendations would be great.

Thanks
    Johny.

BMWHaus Guru
    If it's not lighter on fuel than a 530d, there's something wrong.

What mileage is on it? Have the injectors been done? Does it still have a DPF, if it does, does it smoke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is 120,000 miles on it. I dont think the injectors were ever done on it. I'm asuming the dpf is still there but no smoke coming from it. The car seems to run fine to me. Its doing about 500 miles to a tank but thats what I was getting out of the 530.

BMWHaus Guru

Remaping my e60 520d

You can check the condition of the DPF on the iDrive menu. It should give you an indication of it's remaining lifespan. You should also check if the car is getting up to operating temp. One or both of your thermo stats could be stuck open causing higher fuel consumption. You can access the coolant temps from the hidden menu as per the instructions below:

http://5series.net/forums/diy-do-you...ctions-108097/

I had my 520d remapped by Martin in Autoremap, difference was night and day - honestly. I don't want to go overboard but I noticed the difference in throttle response and acceleration straight away after pulling out his gate. Fuel economy also improved as I had a 900klm weekly work trip, roughly 10% difference in fuel economy.

I noticed the improvement in performance particularly in overtaking and getting out of tight spots, sounds exactly what you are looking for

Dave

Yeah thats exactly what I'm after thanks for the info.