So I had not washed the car in two weeks and it had been in the Dealers getting some work so its was not in a good state. I of course asked the dealers not to wash the car (be sure they put this on the job card). Unless you want swirls do this.

Usual road grime, mud and sling from the wheels, alloys covered in brake dust. I had cleaned the interior before starting as I like to do that first but thats another writeup.

Please note this method only works for protected cars. If your car doesn't have wax or sealant then really you need to add a 2BM wash onto this. My car is about 80% corrected and has sealant and wax so its easy to remove the dirt without touching the car. If you leave dirt on the car and dry, you will cause swirls.

Before

as you can see the paintwork is in good condition even when dirty

This is my detailing trolly I am going to organize it better soon. I got the trolly in IKEA its on wheels and means I can wheel it all out to the car.

My bulk products are here, snow foam, Maxi Sudz and Wheel cleaner. The halfords wheel cleaner is only there for when I am doing cars for people who could not care less :-X

My little pressure washer and Wet vac

I start using some CG Wheel Cleaner (ph neutral) in a pressure sprayer (Diluted 20:1). I find the gun type wreck your hands.

Agitate the dirt in the corners with a detailing brush, the flat bits will come off with the pressure washer as the wheels are sealed.

APC (Flash) the arches and tyres

Snowfoam the car, I tried the sample of Cotton Candy that chris from detailing shed kindly gave me. I am impressed. I was using the bulk stuff but the cotton candy clings very well and is very thick even when diluted more than usual. I only had enough for half and inch in the bottle rather than my usual inch.

Went round the shuts with a brush, no APC as this does strip the protection just used the snow foam already there

Dwell for 10 minutes and Rinse with the pressure washer from the roof down.

Out with the Woolly Mammoth to dry it off. You can see the car is beading well from its previous protection (Jetseal 107 and AG HD Wax)

The car is now clean

I like to top up the protection each wash. I love CG V07 Hybrid. Its a spray sealant and is very easy to use. Use sparingly like a quick detailer but if leave no streaks and doesn't need buffing. Leave that sealant matt finish that I like and beads well.

Like to use some CG Barebones in the inaccessible areas like intakes/ arches and undercarriage. You just spray it on. It a bit like sprayable megs endurance gel really and smells the same.

Admire the reflection

Its always handy to have a helper, she knows only to use a clean microfider, so proud

Finnish by tidying up, thrown the dirty microfibers and drying towel in the washing machine and have a coffee. Total time 30 minutes. Rained straight after >