Thread: Car storage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Car storage

Anyone know of or recommend a secure car storage place south Dublin/ west Wicklow?
    I've had the M3 down in my mates shed at his place but he won't take a shilling off me! And great as that may sound i'd rather be throwing him a few quid. Although he doesn't mind I'd rather pay so I can come and go as I please if you know what I mean
    A quick google throws up Kildare classic Storage seems like a relatively new place as I haven't come across it before searching previously.
    Maybe another option is getting a few like minded lads together and getting a unit ourselves?

BMWHaus Contributor

RE: Car storage

There is a place outside dunboyne that store classic cars for 25e a week. Can't remember off hand but they also have a place in dunboyne that service and restore classics.

BMWHaus Guru

Think there's one around Rathcoole/Blackchurch way too, but don't know too much about it

BMWHaus Contributor

There is also a place near Navan on the Nobber road.

BMWHaus Guru

http://www.koping.ie/car-storage.asp

BMWHaus Guru

Car storage

I will have a space as of next week if its of interest. Pm if you want. North Dublin though.

Regards,

Andy

BMWHaus Contributor

Don't know much about car storage. Do ye use desicant to keep humidity down inside the car, if not try a few bags works wonders keeping interiors fresh and free from condensation.

BMWHaus Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mac7
    Don't know much about car storage. Do ye use desicant to keep humidity down inside the car, if not try a few bags works wonders keeping interiors fresh and free from condensation.
    Yep, I used these last winter, one in the pass footwell and one in the boot. Seemed to work well, and can microwave them after a while to renew them: http://www.aircomfortcentre.com/pingi+dehumidifiers.aspx

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Leins
    Quote Originally Posted by mac7
    Yep, I used these last winter, one in the pass footwell and one in the boot. Seemed to work well, and can microwave them after a while to renew them: http://www.aircomfortcentre.com/pingi+dehumidifiers.aspx
    That's them, I have 2 bags in the car all the time brilliant for keeping windscreen from fogging up in the damp,wet shitty winter mornings especially since I am only 3 miles from work, you can also dry them out on a low temp oven

BMWHaus Contributor

F""k me just seen the web site we get them in 10kg boxes in work .only charge customers around 8 Euro a kg