Firstly , I wish you all a happy & safe christmas. I have a question regarding my F10 520D N47n,, When i start it in the morning it can be very sluggish, almost like its misfiring, takes a couple of mins for the revs to settle. I can drive it but it can suffer a loss of power for a few Km , will drive ok but say Im stopped at traffic lights when I move off again theres very little response for a few seconds then it will take off. Once the engine warms up it will run fine all day until parked up for a few hours and it does this again.
Not every time but most, getting more regular the last couple of weeks, I ran the OBD and it came back with an EGR fault, I removed the EGR and it was spotless, really spotless. I noticed the coolant level was very low about 3 weeks ago. I read somewhere that if the EGR cooler is leaking it can cause coolant to dwell in the intake and then when the engine is started can cause problems similar to mineand also can give the egr valve a look of being steam cleaned by the hot coolant being sprayed through it. Have any of you had this kind of problem? If so how did you diagnose it?
Thanks
Paul