Thread: Digital Service History - Main Dealer only?

BMWHaus Contributor

Digital Service History - Main Dealer only?

My F31 is rapidly approaching service time - its at the stage now where indy offers far better value for servicing than main dealer. This is the first BMW I have had with a digital service history, with the work/dates/mileage detailed in iDrive.

Am I correct in assuming that only BMW dealers can update this and no indys would have the software?

BMWHaus Guru
    You can update this though the BC stalk but it will appear differently in the Digital Service. I've seen this recently in an F30.
    I was able to remove this entry using ISID and then re-enter the entry with ISID so it appeared as it would if the dealer updated the service action.
    In fact I think the dealer entries were in green and the manual resets were in orange. I would need to double check that.

Finally I am not 100% what way the service entry would appear if the item was reset using the BMW Carly App. I have a feeling that it appears just like the dealer entry.

I should have taken screen shots from the iDrive and ISID when I was doing this...

BMWHaus Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
    You can update this though the BC stalk but it will appear differently in the Digital Service. I've seen this recently in an F30.
    I was able to remove this entry using ISID and then re-enter the entry with ISID so it appeared as it would if the dealer updated the service action.
    In fact I think the dealer entries were in green and the manual resets were in orange. I would need to double check that.

Finally I am not 100% what way the service entry would appear if the item was reset using the BMW Carly App. I have a feeling that it appears just like the dealer entry.

I should have taken screen shots from the iDrive and ISID when I was doing this...
    Can you edit an entry? What happens if you make a mistake entering something?

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey Bear View Post
    Can you edit an entry? What happens if you make a mistake entering something?
    Yes, there is a facility to do so in ISID, I did it for an accidental oil service entry, it doesn't work for all CBS items though, for example the brake pad change (I don't know why).

There are further options and probably possible through the use of Tool32 but I haven't used this on an F Series car, it's just something that I have come across during a bit of research.

You also cannot undo an accidental battery registration using the dealer software, I'm not sure if other factory software can undo it. My gut feel is that it wouldn't be possible.