Thread: Bmw e39 pdc

BMWHaus Contributor

Bmw e39 pdc

Hey lads, trying to finally get around to trying to fix my PDC, I replaced some faulty sensors and this is what I'm left with, any idea? Using Carly at the moment.

E39 525iA Sport - Sapphire Black - SOLD
    E39 528iT SE - Orient Blue - SOLD
    E39 540i/A Sport - Topaz Blue

BMWHaus Contributor
    Update to this, found the generator and found the pdc cable unplugged, plugged in now and codes gone but still not right, trying a battery reset now.

BMWHaus Contributor
    All sorted, kind of they all work now but fronts cut in every now and again but I'm happy out, first time they've worked since I got the car

This Blue and black cable was unplugged:

BMWHaus Contributor
    Update to this with a weird issue. When the engine is on the sensors seem to go mad, the front ones mainly, always seem to cut in on the rears for some reason. Yet with the just the ignition on and the gearbox in R they work perfectly? You can go around to each sensor with your hand and it detects the space perfectly, start the car and then they go mad again!

So any ideas? PDC module at fault and needing replacement? Overvoltage maybe? I'm getting no faults on Carly for BMW.

Hi, I dont know much about these but I do know electronics and the problem you describe sounds very much like a power supply fault. Could it be induction noise from a nearby electronic device? you could try wrapping the cables with a ferrite housing, this would eliminate external RF noise.