Thread: Extra long imperial ratchet spanners

Extra long imperial ratchet spanners

Good few tool whores on here I'm looking for a rather specific set and it's proving a nightmare to find I'm looking for an imperial set of extra long ratchet spanners anyone know of a set or anywhere online almost everything is metric decent brands are a must I know snap on do them but I'm not paying 500 quid for 4 or 5 spanners (I know they are the best and yada yada I have a few bits from them but cost isn't justified in this case) will need to be a reasonably decent brand though facom britool bahco etc

Any input apprectiated ?

Flex head or fixed
    Last edited by Gar; 21-01-17 at 16:26.

BMWHaus Guru
    Gar, did you look in the US?

Had a look through the American Amazon John but not much luck going to start having a look around other u.s tool shops you'd think they'd be full of imperial stuff

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Gar; 21-01-17 at 16:54.

BMWHaus Guru
    A lot of American stuff is gone metric these days hence the reason for lack of imperial tools. I'll ask two questions?

Any particular size you need?

And wtf you need imperial long reach ratchet spanners for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boeing + Airbus , 1/4 up to about 9/16

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Gar View Post
    Boeing + Airbus , 1/4 up to about 9/16
    As you said Snap on will do them and I could get you them but they'll be special order and mega bucks.

BUT if your using them every day there worth the money as you'll have lifetime warranty on them and they are really the best tools out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor
    Try sears they do international shipping they sell craftsman and do a similar share of metric and bastard sizes. Craftsman are very highly thought of over there I think there are in same level of Halfords pro with similar pricing.

Danke schon gents IL check Sears out was aware of craftsman decent brand good longetivity , at Connor I know what your saying but these get used probably twice a month tops IL probably end up going the snap-on route but there's hundreds of metric sets I'm hoping I can find at least one imperial set

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor
    Snap on might do a blue point version. I have long reach ratchet spanners made by them. They were around 230 I think for the set of 5 double ended. Can give you the number of the North dublin rep if you need it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Contributor
    Sorry to dig this up again, gear wrench are a brand I have use of at work, really excellent ratchet spanners. They have a flex end with the ratchet which I find is excellent, theres a decent amount of teeth so less rotation to get to the next tooth in the ratchet. The ones at work are standard length metric but gear wrench I think are an american brand so imperial would be a big part of their business. Munster tools sell them and as far as I know they have a lifetime warranty.

As above the rep for a tool company is probably your best bet, lots of stuff isn't listed on the net but is lying around in the back of toolboxes in vans all over the country ready to be sold, I'm always amazed to see the range of tools carried in the back of a tool man's van!