Thread: Petrol Touring

BMWHaus Contributor

Petrol Touring

Work will have me moving back in to town before Christmas, and for the first time in my career I will not have a parking space :dodgy:. Therefore, I will be having to use public transport - the thoughts of it is turning my stomach :@
    Having the 30d parked outside the house 5 days a week is pointless and a diesel is definitely no longer a requirement :huh:. So sale of the E60 will fund the purchase. Lately, I have had a hankering for a Touring . I'm not a number plate snob and not to pushed on age once the condition is spot on, and I don't mind paying the 3 litre tax ( but would be great if I didn't have to :P). It's got to be fully loaded and comfortable and pertinent for the family (2 kids and 2 dogs) and must be a "Sport"
    Not to pushed on manual or auto so experiences welcome....

Styling wise, I would rather an E46 to an E9x - opinions and experiences welcome :huh:

BMWHaus Guru

RE: Petrol Touring

try to twist Andys arm to part with his 325, thats a lovely car.

BMWHaus Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    try to twist Andys arm to part with his 325, thats a lovely car.
    To be honest - that would be exactly what I'd be looking for......

BMWHaus Guru

Petrol Touring

My ears were burning

Regards,

Andy

BMWHaus Contributor

Keep me in mind Andy, should you get bored !!

I've been looking to the UK, as there is a greater choice. From what I can see, manuals are quite rare once you are looking at a 325i or 330i ! While I would rather a manual, I wouldnt say no to an auto if it was the right car. Can anyone give me a steer on the autoboxes in the E46 ?. Are they sloppy, troublesome ???

BMWHaus Guru

Petrol Touring

Will do. Send me the details on your E60 anyway.

The 330i I had was an auto and was a very nice thing. Intelligent enough and not sloppy. Certainly no hardship compared to the manual. Saying that I like the manual in the touring.

Regards,

Andy

BMWHaus Guru

Public transport is grand once you know you've something cool parked at home that you can take out for a spin when you want. Best of luck in the search, but I'd say an E46 325i would fit the bill nicely