Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BMW Factory tour Munich info needed

BMWHaus Contributor

BMW Factory tour Munich info needed

heading over here for 2 days and was looking for any tips on the BMW museum and factory tour, also for those of you who have been there is there any driving activities that could be done in Munich and any advice on nightlife etc thanks

BMWHaus Guru
    I was there for a European BMW 2002 turbo owners club meeting where a lot of people drove their Turbos and parked outside the museum, looked great.

We had a museum tour organised and BMW Welt tour as a group and got to some behind the scenes areas. Unfortunately I missed out on the extra special tour of the "collection."

Here is the tour info:

http://www.bmw-welt.com/en/visitor_i...rs/museum.html

You can hire a classic
    https://www.bmwgroup-classic.com/en/.../bmw-rent.html

BMWHaus Guru
    27th April 2016... That's when I went... I remember because it was the best day of the year!!! You're going to absolutely love it. Plan ahead and make sure you get a tour of all 3 (BMW Museum, BMW factory, and BMW Welt) BMW Welt is free to have a poke around anyway but I definitely recommend the tour of all 3.

I didn't rent anything nice as we were on a budget since we were "travelling" rather than "on holidays" but Mark said he rented an F13 M6 which was fun on the autobahn he'll probably chime in with more info.

With regards to nightlife in the city, you're essentially in the Middle East, so think shisha/hooka, falafel etc you may also want to learn Arabic before heading over

BMWHaus Guru
    The museum you can arrive up at any time, but for the tour of the factory itself you need to book inadvance.

You can hire most cars from the range:

http://www.bmw-welt.com/en/bmw_on_demand/

But if you want to get the M4 or M6 you should book in advance too. Hire it for 3 hours and you get to take the car for the day. If you get the notion drive to Stuttgart and visit the Porsche museum, you may have to overnight for that to make it doable though and get the enjoyment out of the ///M car.

A humbling thing to do is go to Dachau Concentration camp, I think everyone should see this place to understand the atrocities that went on. Short drive or train or bus from Munich:

http://www.dachautour.com/

Go to the HofBrauhaus too.

http://www.hofbraeuhaus.de/

BMWHaus Contributor
    Excellent info
    Just booked premium tour so excited
    Also have a new m5 for 2 hours booked
    Bit worried about driving in Germany though will be hard not to put the pedal down in that beast

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru

BMW Factory tour Munich info needed

Here is the turbo club meeting there that I was invited to.

Last edited by Andy; 25-02-17 at 22:12.

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by claudio View Post
    Excellent info
    Just booked premium tour so excited
    Also have a new m5 for 2 hours booked
    Bit worried about driving in Germany though will be hard not to put the pedal down in that beast

Book it for 3 hours and use it to drive out to Dachau, if I remember correctly there is a stretch of unrestricted autobahn out t hat direction, or on the way to Stuttgart. 300km/h legally!!!

I was in in Munich two months ago and visited the Museum and the Welt and rented an M4. I hired it for 3 hours so had it for the day. Drove to Salzburg, had a very quick coffee and look around, on the way back to Munich I left the autobahn for a while and went for drive through some of the small towns and villages. Very enjoyable day, traffic in and around Munich was very heavy though and there were roadworks on a few sections of the autobahn, annoyingly the first one was on the first section that should have been unrestricted so it was limited to 80km/h, but its not all about the speed.

It did take a while to get out of the heavy traffic so i was happy that i had the car for the day. If you can amend your booking and hire it for the 3rd hour and are happy enough with the added petrol costs then go for it. Best thing about the whole experience was the guy in BMW on demand who was checking the car before i set off, he finished up by checking thread depth on the car and asked me to try and keep it under 240km/h

BMWHaus Guru
    Ha ha! I remember the guy checking the thread depth too!

BMWHaus Contributor
    http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/589c692c...209-WA0002.mp4

Just about to drop this back
    What a machine