Thread: Best wash mitt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Best wash mitt

Hi guys,

What's the best wash mitt out there at the moment?
    Used to have a really long woolly one but it bit the dust. Looking for something similar that won't catch/drag the dirt around.
    Any suggestions?

Administrator
    The best wash mitts, that will limit potential damage the most, are wool mitts, but they need maintenance to keep them at their best. They need to be dried well, and combed afterward. CarPro Merino Wool Mitt for example.

Genuine Wool Mitts - very safe, deep pile, but need a lot of care
    Microfiber - safe, deep pile, dont need a whole lot of care - very good value for money if you but a quality on
    Noodle Mitt - not so safe as there is no real pile, dont need a whole lot of care
    Sponge - WHAT? :P

The Microfiber Madness Incredimitt is very good - very durable; using mine about 2.5 years now. Nice length of pile, built in sponge so holds lots of water/shampoo. Easy maintenance; wash it out with fresh water, hang it up until next use. I dont care for mine as well as I should (usually gets thrown into the bucket after a wash), and while it needs replacing, not bad for 2.5 years of abuse.

The choice of shampoo would also be a factor in limiting potential damage - its not all about the suds, but rather the slickness they offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Curran View Post
    The best wash mitts, that will limit potential damage the most, are wool mitts, but they need maintenance to keep them at their best. They need to be dried well, and combed afterward. CarPro Merino Wool Mitt for example.

Genuine Wool Mitts - very safe, deep pile, but need a lot of care
    Microfiber - safe, deep pile, dont need a whole lot of care - very good value for money if you but a quality on
    Noodle Mitt - not so safe as there is no real pile, dont need a whole lot of care
    Sponge - WHAT? :P

The Microfiber Madness Incredimitt is very good - very durable; using mine about 2.5 years now. Nice length of pile, built in sponge so holds lots of water/shampoo. Easy maintenance; wash it out with fresh water, hang it up until next use. I dont care for mine as well as I should (usually gets thrown into the bucket after a wash), and while it needs replacing, not bad for 2.5 years of abuse.

The choice of shampoo would also be a factor in limiting potential damage - its not all about the suds, but rather the slickness they offer.
    Actually this is the one I had: http://www.detailingshed.com/washing...wash-mitt.html
    Pretty good, might go for another
    Are you guys around Dublin much?

Also what is the mildest snowfoam you have right now? Just put on opticoat pro+ and don't want to have it off
    Last edited by sd_dracula; 09-02-17 at 11:28.

Administrator
    Are we around Dublin much?? Yeah

Unit 8 Orion Business Campus, Northwest Business Park, Ballycoolin, Dublin 15
    Monday - Wed; 2pm - 5pm
    Thursday - Saturday; 11am - 5pm

Opticoat Pro+ is a ceramic coating that is supposedly good for 7 years - finding a mild snowfoam shouldnt be a concern, it should offer amazing chemical resistance, but that said - Bilt Hamber Auto Foam or ODK Arctic are good snowfoams