Thread: BMW Economics / Premium Event

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Guru

BMW Economics / Premium Event

So I see BMW have been pushing their "Economics" offer between emails from dealers and even a phone call from BMW Ireland during the week to see if I knew about it.

http://www.bmw.ie/en/topics/owners/f...incentive.html

I then received a fancy letter from Frank Keane's inviting me to a attend a "Premium Event" at the start of March where they will have "exclusive offers" and "additional discounts".

I have been contemplating updating the E92 and am curious if the above is all marketing hype or is there genuine deals / value to be had with such offers / events?

Anyone looked into them, availed of them in the past?

BMWHaus Guru
    Got the phone call during the week, when I said I wasnt replacing the car till next year that was the end of that! Even with a larger discount I cant see myself buying new, although 125d would fit into my budget (and are growing on me) for my next car, I'd prefer to go second hand and get a 4 series.
    E92 Interlagos Blue M3 - Current
    F10 Sophisto Grey 530d M-Sport - Sold
    F21 M135i Estoril Blue - Sold
    E92 Sapphire Black 335d M-Sport
    - Sold
    E36 328i SE Low Miler - Sold
    E46 Estoril Blue M3 - Sold
    E46 Titan Silver 330ci Clubsport - Sold
    E36 Cosmos Black 318is - Dead

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketron View Post
    Got the phone call during the week, when I said I wasnt replacing the car till next year that was the end of that! Even with a larger discount I cant see myself buying new, although 125d would fit into my budget (and are growing on me) for my next car, I'd prefer to go second hand and get a 4 series.
    Yeah not sure an SE on the economics deal would interest me... However new'ish 2nd hand at the premium event might...

Just not sure if it's even worth the hassle or more designed for naive folks.

BMWHaus Guru
    Not so sure the deals will be so brilliant to be honest. Last year I was looking at a 640d in a BMW Main Dealer that was €67k during "normal" time but they had advertised a €4K saving during the VIP Event, however the sticker price magically went up to €69k. I reckon during the course of normal business a €2k negotiation would be manageable.

Good event if you're not great at negotiating normally.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Got an invitation from FK as well, which mentions special offers on the new 5 - I wonder are they going to extend the contribution & free service pack offer

Bit off topic as in non BMW but Ford have slashed 6K Euro off the 171 focus st2 for the next month rrp now 33K

Comes in wagon form too
    Last edited by Gar; 18-02-17 at 16:26.

BMWHaus Guru
    But its a Focus! Sarsfields had a M135i (141) for around 38K not too long ago, I would think that to be a better buy, tax, consumption, residuals etc.

Some manufactures have great deals going on, would very much temp me away from BMW. Except I belive front wheel drive is for shopping trolleys only, but the average punter doesn't think like that and hence the drive.
    E92 Interlagos Blue M3 - Current
    F10 Sophisto Grey 530d M-Sport - Sold
    F21 M135i Estoril Blue - Sold
    E92 Sapphire Black 335d M-Sport
    - Sold
    E36 328i SE Low Miler - Sold
    E46 Estoril Blue M3 - Sold
    E46 Titan Silver 330ci Clubsport - Sold
    E36 Cosmos Black 318is - Dead