Thread: Alloy Wheel Cleaner

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BMWHaus Contributor

Alloy Wheel Cleaner

Yes dudes just wondering what AWC you would recommend for the painted/polished wheels on the 420 I'd be using it every week so something that works well but not harsh cheers gav

Administrator
    Without a doubt, Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel - 500ml; currently out of stock but should land tomorrow or Thursday. Or if you are feeling flush; 5l Drum

It has a fallout remover built into it, which will remove the bonded iron particles from your brake pads, which become embedded over time. If you are cleaning the car weekly, it is a bit OTT, and perhaps every 3rd or 4th wash, Id use it to keep them really tip top. For the washes between, just use a regular cleaner, mild dilution...that will keep those wheels looking well.

Another option would be to consider protecting the wheels, making them easier to clean, and stay cleaner a bit longer due to the protection - you could go with traditional type protection, which isnt overly durable, or down the nano / ceramic route, which is good for 18+ month, and [url=http://www.detailingshed.com/plastic-trim/226-car-pro-dlux-kit.html]CarPro DLUX] would be what you want in that case - products like this, require a bit of prep and stable temperatures and humidity when applying, which is a pain, but the offset once done, is an easier life for 18+ months

I found ADBL Vampire deionizer to be a very good product, I used it on painted wheels that have a polished dish ,with good results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used an Iron Remover today, quite happy with the results.

A very quick and easy clean

Administrator
    What was the exact product?

BMWHaus Contributor
    So I used the Bilt Hamber auto wheel a few time now and it's great stuff I'd recommend it
    Tks again Dave