Thread: BMW First

BMWHaus Guru

BMW First

http://bmw-first.ie/access-premium-services/

Doesn't look like much value on the face of it?

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

BMWHaus Guru
    OK, let's figure out how to maximise it:

- Mini valet*, no thanks, I wouldn't pay someone to put swirls in my car, so don't want 12 free swirl creation sessions (-)
    - €99 for an oil change in the M6 would be at least a €211 saving (+)
    - Health check, they do this anyway as a potential up sell (-)
    - Remote vehicle connector? not available on older models, pretty sure anything newer this will be covered elsewhere. (-)
    - Discount on parts? I normally squeeze that based on volume I purchase (-)
    - Fuel discount...hmm (neutral)
    - I know there is free bulb cover, handy if your Xenons are looking tired, just kill them and bring it in for replacements (+)
    - I think you also get free wipers annually €67 (+)

Initial opinion? Not worth €178 a year, and that is per car.

*On an completely separate note I spotted something on FB last night regarding the Mercedes Dealer MSL here in Cork stepping up their game in terms of the cleaning of cars. They have invested in snow foam lances, two bucket method, proper wash mitts, a little bit of guidance too, etc. Gives some hope that our car industry is finally getting with the program. Well Done MSL!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIUG...c6sZM&index=27

BMWHaus Guru
    Agreed on the car wash side of it...was at a main dealers last week and they were using a brush, looked like a sweeping brush on the car that was in the bay and some of the cars on the forecourt looked very swirly. Most people won't notice that and would be very pleased with a wash from the dealers

BMWHaus Contributor
    yea this doesnt really look like much. Is this officially from BWM or just some 3rd party?

Fuel Discount
    Get 5 cents discount on each liter of fuel at partnering petrol stations.

I d like to know which petrol stations, but probably only few are available for this. However I do like this idea just needs to be done better.

BMWHaus Guru
    Given that BMW doesn't usually sell anything that doesn't have a reasonable margin attached, I'd say we could assume that its not being offered by their "not for profit" arm! However its safe to say that there will be a few punters that see the word premium and don't need to read any further before signing up.

Actually, it looks like the link is now forwarding to the regular bmw.ie site.
    Current: BMW 530e M-Sport - '17, BMW 630i Sport auto - '07, BMW 325i Coupe - '93, BMW Z4 2.5si Auto - '07, '90 BMW 316i Lux.

Previous: BMW 328i Coupe - '96, BMW 530i SE auto - '07, BMW 530i Sport auto - '02, BMW 318i SE Touring - '07, BMW 330Ci Sport - '04, BMW 520d SE - '11, BMW 523i SE - '00, BMW 328i SE Touring - '00, BMW 523i SE - '97, BMW 323i SE - '98, 330Ci - '00, 325i Coupe - '93, 318Ci - '01, 316iSE - '98, 325iSE 2dr - '91, 320i Conv - '91, 325i Coupe - '92, 320i 2dr - '91.

I have three points on rebel ranters post:

1. There is definitely no value for money in BMW First.
    2. The video quality and editing by the detailing store was great.
    3. Avoid the CarWash service in M&G Milltown at all cost. It is Swirl creation factory. I got a great quote on my black E92 by Elite AutoClean to do their best to repair it but I just need an opportunity to give my car to them for nearly a WEEK!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current: E92 320d M-Sport
    Previous: E46 318ci SE