Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bmw approved used standards in the uk, thoughts on this

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bmw approved used standards in the uk, thoughts on this

I bought a 335d touring in the uk four weeks ago in a main Bmw dealer under the approved used scheme. I won't name names but the brakes didn't feel up to much when I was bringing it back. I got them inspected in kearys and I sent the link to the health check video to the dealer in the uk. They are saying it "comfortably exceeds the standard required for approved used". They will not cover the replacement. They are very loud and you have to apply considerably more pressure than I would consider normal for them to work. It needed a new battery aswell as it failed to start a few times over the last two weeks. Only 18k miles on the car. Here is the link to kearys video. Am I being unreasonable in thinking that they should cover the cost of replacement seeing as their website goes on about the benefits of the approved used 120 point check including brakes inspection. What are people's thoughts please?
    https://video.citnow.com/vtX5C5sgJ09

BMWHaus Guru
    If the supplying dealer is the one named on the number plates, you might not want the video shown if you're worried about naming dealer names

Quote Originally Posted by Don B View Post
    If the supplying dealer is the one named on the number plates, you might not want the video shown if you're worried about naming dealer names
    I just want to say kearys did not supply the car, it's a uk car. Kearys have been very good with it and have confirmed the brakes are very bad!
    Sorry just saw what you said there, read it quickly butto be honest the dealer has said in no uncertain terms it will not pay for them. I'm not trying to slate them, I'm just trying to find out if it's unreasonable of me to expect them to sort the issue?
    Last edited by Hankcharlie; 20-04-17 at 20:02.

BMWHaus Contributor
    Those discs are in a shocking condition, the supplying dealer should pay for those parts. Ring bmw uk if you get no where with dealer. Havin 2 dealers saying 2 different things does not look good for them!!

BMWHaus Contributor
    Not unreasonable at all, given as part of their pre sale inspection, the worn discs should have been identified and replaced. Not to make you concerned about your purchase, but if the discs are destroyed after 18k miles, you'd have to assume this has had a very very hard life to date. If the dealer refuses, I'd be straight onto BMW UK

Quote Originally Posted by nige View Post
    Not unreasonable at all, given as part of their pre sale inspection, the worn discs should have been identified and replaced. Not to make you concerned about your purchase, but if the discs are destroyed after 18k miles, you'd have to assume this has had a very very hard life to date. If the dealer refuses, I'd be straight onto BMW UK
    I have been on to Bmw uk as soon as he confirmed for a second time that they wouldn't be paying for it. She told me it's nothing to do with them. It's between me and the dealer in question. She said to email the main man in the dealer next, she will email me his email address tomorrow. Basically it's a used car so they have no affiliation to them. The battery had to be replaced (warranty covered this) aswell and I'm guessing the car suffered from lack of use as it's December 13 with low mileage. Salt probably sitting on the discs without being used and just corroding them. Outside of these the car is immaculate to be fair...

BMWHaus Guru
    Hope that mechanic didn't take it for a "test drive".

BMWHaus Guru
    They should definitely replace the brakes! As Alan said, get on to BMW UK and that will put some pressure on the dealer in question. You probably know this already, but you can check the old MOT tests on https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

It seems the front discs were starting to wear out @11.5k miles.

Lovely car btw, how are you finding it? A rare motor on these shores

BMWHaus Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS Cosmos View Post
    They should definitely replace the brakes! As Alan said, get on to BMW UK and that will put some pressure on the dealer in question. You probably know this already, but you can check the old MOT tests on https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

It seems the front discs were starting to wear out @11.5k miles.

Lovely car btw, how are you finding it? A rare motor on these shores
    Car must have lived by the sea or something, that's mental!

I know Mark, how they say it comfortably exceeds Bmw approved used standards��